kyon?

The sun slipped away slowly for its due slumber leaving just enough light to help paint the sky with pink hues. The warm air swallowed the tireless workers in whole, as they started preparing the decorations for the next wedding function. Abhimanyu had decided to busy himself with helping Hina and spent most of his day shopping for certain curtain colors and the right shade for table clothes. 

"Bhai, yeh pink hain aur purple?" Neil asks, scratching his head. "Hina will kill me if i buy the wrong color"

"They both look like pink" Abhimanyu helplessly pointed out to which Neil groaned in response as they were getting nowhere. He still couldn't fathom why Hina was so persistant on having most of the work done by family and close friends, she was really shaping up to be a stereotypical bridezilla. 

"I wish you let Akshara come with  us" Neil whined for what seemed like the tenth time that hour, "She would know what to pick"

"She's probabaly busy" Abhimanyu grumbles under his breath, keen to ignore his irritation towards the guy that was keeping her attention. "with Rithvik"

"He hasn't even arrived yet-

"She has to prepare for his arrival" Abhimanyu cut's Neil's response short. 

"You're acting as if she's his wife" Neil rolls his eyes, he couldn't understand the dynamic his brother and Akshara shared. 

"You made it seem like that last night" Abhimanyu mutters again, almost child-like. "They probably dating"

"You know you could just ask me instead of making assumptions" Neil bites a smile back, "Akshara is fully single. She has a close friendly relationship with Rithvik, their college friends kind of like Richa and you"

Abhimanyu feels relatively lighter after Neil's assurance and joyously selects the table cloth that Neil's holding up in his left hand before checking out. 

Once the duo arrives back at the hotel where the families are staying, their met with the sight of all the elders grouped together talking in hushed voices. Manish spots the brother's and quickly ushers them upstairs to where the children of the family are present. Neil throws him a concerned look and Abhimanyu shakes his head in an attempt to advise Neil to follow instructions. 

Akshara pulls open the door before they have a chance to knock and Abhimanyu can't help but notice the distress on her face. Neil grins before stepping in, "Akshara! You should have come with us for shopping it would have been a lot faster"

"Haan" She tries to smile as she closes the door behind them. Aarohi is slumped on the bed and doesn't even bother to look up their arrival, surprisingly it's just both the goenka sisters and them. 

"Kairav, Hina and Richa?" Abhimanyu asks and Akshara looks up at him for a split second before looking away. He was starting to sense that something was seriously wrong now and just as he was about to prod her further, Aarohi intervenes.

"Woh baar gaye" She manages to sit up straighter as Neil makes himself comfortable on the side of the bed. "Our families have something very important to discuss about-

"Aru" Akshara spoke up her eyes flashing with warning and Abhimanyu grew more curious, "Chup"

"Kyu?" Abhimanyu turned to her, taking a step closer causing her to be backed into the wall with no escape. His eyes hold determination that slowly chips at Akshara's resolute.

"Shaadi" Aarohi's voice fills the room and Akshara turns to her fuming and Abhimanyu falters in his steps as he draws away from Akshara. 

The first thing that comes to his mind is Rithvik and Akshara, and the thought creates an indescribable feeling that he can't place. Akshara was nobody to him, she never was and she would never be they would split ways as soon as the wedding ended and both families would be back to their own lives.  Why did he care so much then?