pyaari

Neil successfully plans a diversion by luring the local villager ladies into their mehendi function just as the dances started, the chaos gave Abhimanyu just enough time to slip out of the gate towards the ladkewala side without anyone noticing. 

The first person he sees is Aarohi, who seems to be whispering suspiciously in her phone careful for any eavesdroppers, a flicker of confusion crosses his face but is quickly replaced by the sigh of Akshara as she stand next to her sister reprimanding her about something. Aarohi sighs before turning in the other direction while Akshara watches her disappearing figure with a basket of flowers held against her hip

An unknown smile paints itself onto his face and he takes strideful steps towards her, and gently pulls her elbow to bring them to a secluded corner but in the process Akshara throws the basket of flowers in the air due to her shock, leading to the variety of flowers cascading over them. 

It takes her a minute before the realizes the lack of distance between them and takes an automatic step back. "Ab kya kiya! woh mehendi function ki phool hain"

"You should have held onto them tighter if they were that important" He shrugs, amused as her face contorts into annoyance. 

"You need to stop giving me jumpscares" She huffs while retrieving the basket, "As if your face isn't enough already"

He looks at her offended that she could ever make a comparision like that causing her to roll her eyes, "Now please if you could leave, that would be great"

Her cold demeanor is back and he realizes the purpose for his visit, "Akshara dekho" 

He blocks her path as she attempts to walk away, "Mein shaadi bare mein tumse baat karne hain"

"Kya" She looks away, "hum dono clear hain na already"

"I didn't mean to offend you" He says quietly, and it takes her a minute to process his apology causing her to suddenly feel silly. He was apologizing cause he said no, and though at the time it did take a hit on her ego, she realizes how silly the whole thing was.  "But everythign i said about marriage and it being loveless was true and you deserve more than that"

her eyes meet his and her next words cause their story to change, "I understand Abhimanyu. No-one deserves a loveless marriage but sometimes marriages aren't loveless, they just need time to build love."

"And though i always wanted to fall in love and get married, my family means everything to me so for a minute i considered it." she confesses rendering him speechless.

"You were about to say yes?" He croaks out, and she rushes to correct her wording to make sure he doesn't get the wrong idea. 

"I mean it could just be for the time being, till both our families are doing better" She explains, "And divorce is still an option"

"wouldn't you just feel bad that you're hurting your family again by bringing shame to them with the divorce ordeal?" He asks dryly,  girls like akshara were the type he stayed away from, knowing that nothing would end well but here she was asking for them to come together. 

"Oh please" She rolls her eyes, "There's been enough divorces in my family for them to care, take my parents they divorced... well before getting back together- but that's not the point"

She paused abruptly and they glanced at each other for a minute longer before she hurriedly says, "Anyways, there are so many things for me to do! i need to find a new bunch of flowers!" She places her palm against her head as she looks at the discarded flowers on the ground. It shakes him how she can move on so quickly after having that conversation. 

CHAND 〡 ABHIRAजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें