Karaoke Competition

There they were.

Karaoking.

For the past few days, Y/n, Shikimori, and the rest of their friends were eager for this day. Singing your lungs out, laughing and talking, a session filled with fun.

Everyone was looking forward to this day.

But a newcomer in the group felt the opposite despite her soft smile.

"Why did you have to bring me here, Kyou?" The mysterious girl asked before receiving a confused look from the brunette.

"What do you mean?"

"You know I hate karaoke..."

"Come on! Shikimori invited us! And she has some friends she wanted you to hang out with!" Kyou continues to persist on as she pushes her towards the karaoke hall and found Shikimori and the rest of her friends. "Hey, Shikimori!"

The pink haired girl turns and waved to the two. "Hey!~" she shouts back as they got together and met the others that Kyou met recently.

Everyone was fixated at the smaller girl, "You're Yui?" The one to ask was Y/n as she nods. "Y-Yeah..."

"It's nice to meet you... I'm Y/n... These are my friends, Max, Reina, and Noodle... We're looking forward to singing tonight with you all..." Y/n smiles as he received the same, except he notices a vein bulging out from her head.

"Yeah... Same..." she replied before being pulled in by Kyou and the boy's childhood friends follows.

All was left was Y/n and Shikimori who was the last to enter but went straight to the front desk to pay for their room.

"I'm looking forward to seeing you sing, Y/n~..." Shikimori said. "I wonder what kind of songs you like to sing~..."

The boy chuckles lightly. "Well, one could argue that I'm versatile..."

"Versatile?"

"I like most genres of music... Pop, R&B, Rock, some Country... Mostly R&B... but I'm looking forward for you to sing..."

Shikimori giggles. "Well, you'll just have to wait~..." she tapped his nose playfully before heading into their room and prepared for their singing session with everyone else.

...

Glimpse of Us - Joji

"...You know, I still can't believe Max can sing way better than us..." Y/n spoke with Noodle who was baffled at the gap of their skills with their bigger friend.

He just chuckled as he continued to play an instrument in his hand. "I mean, when you do yoga as your after school activity, you would have time to practice..."

"What about you, Noodle?"

"I should be asking you... You don't even have an after school activity to begin with..."

"Yeah... but... Don't you go with your teammates?"

"They're too embarrassed... Plus, I'm too focused on not getting injured than figuring out which note to hit during practice..."

Afterwards, they heard Max end his song as the music fades and earned some praises from his friends. He took his seat that was open and next to Kyou who immediately earned more praise from the brunette.