Love Poem

School had ended an hour ago.

For today, Y/n was on cleaning duty along with Noodle who didn't have rugby practice since he had a match going on tomorrow.

They were nearly finished though, Noodle was taking the trash out from the room and outside to dump while Y/n just had to put the chairs up and sweep the ground and him and his buddy can grab some ice cream where Y/n worked.

Y/n was midway done with the chairs when he encounters a journal or a notebook lying on the desk and open for anyone to see.

"Gee, good thing we don't have homework this weekend... That would be unlucky..." Y/n said as he would ignore it and place a chair over it.

"..."

That would be the case if the writing on one of the pages didn't grab his attention. He puts the chair back down and reads it.

They weren't notes.

Far from that as Y/n decides to read everything in that one passage.

"..."

It was a poem.

Not just a poem but it seems to be intentionally aimed at someone as it complimented someone's beautiful hair as if they were Sakuras and had eyes that were as gentle and shiny like sapphires shining under the moonlight.

In his opinion, "...This is a good poem..." he remarked calmly as he reads the last few lines in the notebook.

If only a dream of someone so inferior can be made true.

Shikimori.

I want to be your's.

"..."

"...What?!" Y/n realized what it meant.

This was no ordinary poem.

It was a love letter.

And it aimed towards Shikimori.

"Who..."

He flips the book over to find the name clearly printed for him to see n

"...Yuu Izumi..."

"..."

He had a puzzled look.

"...Who then hell is he?"

"Whatcha talking about?" Someone butts in, Noodle, who was peeking over the h/c's shoulder.

"I'm reading a love poem..."

"I didn't know you write poems..."

"I don't... This kid named Izumi does..."

"Who's Izumi?"

"You're asking the wrong person but apparently, this poem is intended for Shikimori..."

"What?"

"Exactly..."

Y/n shows Noodle the last few lines that directly aimed at Shikimori. It took him awhile to answer.

"...Well... Now you got some competition... And judging by the quality, you're finished..."

"Noodle!" He shouted and earned a small and smug grin. "I'm kidding! But for real... Whoever this Izumi guy is on her tail... At the same time, you shouldn't worry that much... You've been making hard progress since the first date..."

"...Yeah... You're right..."

"...You stud~..."

"I'm going to lodge my fist in your face if you don't stop..."

"Alright, I'll stop... For real, stop worrying... Keep going on dates with her, find the right time to confess and we'll be... I can't find a none-copyrighted version of 'Gucci' so I'll just do a backflip instead..."

...Fwoosh...

Noodle does so.

"...Okay, let's finish our cleaning duties up now so we can go get some ice cream..."

"Okay, okay..." Y/n smiles before they went to finish their chores in their classroom and head out to the school building's exits.