Walk to the Gym

"Hey, Shikimori..." Y/n smiled to his best friend as she heads over to his direction with her bag slung over her shoulder. "W-What were you doing here? You told me you don't have a club or anything after school..."

The h/c shakes his head.

"No... The teacher had me help him out with something after school... Nothing to worry about..."

That was a lie.

He didn't want Shikimori to know about his small interaction with Kamiya earlier. Who knows, Kamiya was also a league out of Y/n's so he wondered if it was right to tell her.

Will it ruin her self esteem?

He shakes his head softly.

...What am I thinking? Shikimori has so many options to even be affected by someone like me...

"...Well, do you wanna walk home together?" Y/n hears Shikimori's voice who did not hesitate to nod. "Sure... I mean I'm not going home but I want to walk with you regardless..."

With a soft smile appearing on his face, it was enough to move Shikimori a bit as she flinched softly and smiled embarrassingly.

"O-Okay~... Where are we heading to?~"

"At the gym... The boys and I want to get ready before the sports festival next week..."

"Okay..." Shikimori said as the two starts their small journey to the gym.

"..."

During their walk, it was mostly just silence.

Not because of how awkward it was but just because the two wasn't able to converse as efficiently as before.

"Y/n, is there something wrong?"

"No, why'd you ask?"

"It looks like you're spacing out..."

"..."

Y/n lets out a soft sigh.

"...I'm such a liar..." Y/n decides to speak up and earning a concerned look from Shikimori. "Y/n? Is something wrong?"

"...A girl tried to ask me out today..."

Shikimori flinched back softly.

"R-Really?" She asked as her mind went heavy on the matter.

...Oh no... Who was it? Was I too late?

"I declined her offer but she kept asking me for a second chance..."

"A second chance?"

"She... bailed out on me when I asked her out on a date... and then figured out she went out with another boy when we came back to school..."

That perked Shikimori's ears.

"So you never really dated anyone at all?"

"No... It has always been the same since the first time I asked someone out..." Y/n said sluggishly while he did his standard anime elbows up pose.

"...But in the end, it doesn't really matter... They're just a bad memory in my head and the only way to fight it is to forget it..."

Y/n felt a soft weight running off his shoulders all of a sudden. Why did it feel relaxing, he thought.

When he had his friends listen to him rant on about how "nobody loves him" or "he'll never find love", it wasn't anything like this. It could be because they would try and cheer him up by going to the arcade or give him gifts to make him feel better.

"...Do you... have someone in mind?"

"..."

Maybe it was because Shikimori wasn't like any of the other girls like Kamiya or the others. She gave Y/n a chance at the very least and in the end of their first date, they didn't hit it off as lovers but were great friends.

Y/n was grateful to have a beautiful girl like her as he smiles softly.

"...Yeah... There is..."

Shikimori's eyes grew wide when he said this as he turns to the sky with that contagious smile on.

"...She's... really pretty... and a girl that I like for her athletic yet girl side... If she ever sees me as a boyfriend like how I see her as a girlfriend, I'll be the happiest I'll ever be in my entire life..."

"..."

Shikimori stayed silent.

Y/n has someone on his mind?

Even more went through her head.

She couldn't tell whether she should be happy that Y/n had found someone or that it was anyone but her. Y/n was happy about expressing this specific girl to him but would she feel the same way if Y/n got the girl?

Eventually they came to a stop when they found the gym Y/n was looking for. The h/c turns to the pink haired girl with a soft smile who had shadows casting above her eyes.

"This is where I go... Thank-"

Pat...

Suddenly, Shikimori grabs him into a tight hug.

"Sh-Shikimori?"

"..."

She doesn't answer him at first. She held onto him for a little longer before pulling away and smiled sweetly to the boy.

"Thank you for walking with me, Y/n~..." she said with one of the most soothing and beautiful voices Y/n had never imagined from Shikimori.

All he could do was grow red and stutter softly. "Oh, n-no... I should be thanking you..." he replied back as Shikimori just giggled.

"Why?"

"For taking up the time to walk with me..."

"Really?"

"What?~"

"What kind of reason is that?~"

"A reasonable reason... Probably the most reasonable reason to ever reason..."

After saying that, Shikimori couldn't help but giggle once more as she hugged Y/n once more, only this time Y/n was more prepared as he quickly returned the gesture. "I'll let it slide~..."

Soon after, Y/n would head into the gym where he met up with his friends. Shikimori watched from the window as she remembered everything he said before.

...So Y/n never had a single experience with dating...

She blushed madly.

...That means I could be his first everything... and I was already his first date... I can also be his first... first girl to hold hands with... be his cuddling partner... and his first to... to...

The thought of something lewd in her mind made her hot.

Their lips to intertwine in a passionate moment.

She would like that very much if ever given the chance.

...But... he has someone in mind already...

"..."

She frowns angrily as she already had a goal set in her mind already.

...No... I should be his first for everything... If they didn't want you, you don't deserve them...

"..."

...I'll be sure to make you happier than anyone you know... I'll make you fall in love with me and prove that to you...