The Shadows of The Past

The Shadows of The Past - Excerpt 1 - The Abyss Explained

Many people theorize about the origins of The Abyss. Many think it has been there since the beginning of time and is the origin of dark matter. Others think that The Abyss is made up of dark matter that is no longer needed. It is often regarded as one of the most dangerous places in the Chomikland. The Abyss is unstable and moves at all time, and if it gets too close to a realm, this realm will be destroyed. 

There are currently two realms that are at risk of being destroyed by The Abyss, one is The Paracosm and the other is Amethyst Abyss. Many speculate that in a hundred to two hundred years, The Paracosm could be destroyed but the inhabitants would rather remain even if at risk of being destroyed.

Despite all this danger, there have been chomiks who have made it to the center of The Abyss and survived. This is the only way one can become a Kanzen of dark matter. Such a chomik should gain an immense amount of power but at the risk of becoming insane. We only know of one chomik who has became a Kanzen of dark matter and survived, and that is Dark Matter Chomik himself.

Many people think that I am capable of becoming Kanzen and remaining sane, and that it would strengthen my leadership of this world. But I am not one to risk death without any reason. And I don't think that God would support my idea either.

Present Day

Thomas, Normal and Scarlet started their adventure to make it over to the Blocky area. Suddenly they could here a noise and they saw that a chomik was falling out of the sky.

Scarlet: Guess I'm not the only chomik who's last experience was falling from a great height.

The chomik hit the floor and looked up at them.

???: Well that was unpleasant.

Normal: Who are you?

???: Well I am a chomik just like the rest of...

Normal: Yeah okay but what is your name.

???: Oh my name, well is it really that important, you see people usually just going around calling me Zigmund, or Zig for short.

Normal: That's cool and all but we want to what chomik you are exactly.

Zig: I am Bandana Chomidee of Chom Dedede's Castle.

Scarlet: Oh really are you now, I've never heard of that chomik calling themselves Zig.

Zig: Oh well you see, this is sort a new thing, like I'm doing a trial period to see if I like the name Zig.

Scarlet: Anyways why were you falling from the sky. 

Zig: So you see, that is a very hard question to answer, for I myself don't know why I was falling from the sky. Me and Chomarx, were trying to evacuate to the Confined Existence to make it far away from the ongoing war.

Scarlet: Wait you are telling me Confined Existence isn't a myth.

Zig: No, it's a place made by Developer Chomik to hide during times of war. He gave access to it to his best friend Egg Hunt Chomik who then gave keys to all his eggs, including Chomarx.

Scarlet: So what happens next.

Zig: That's it, we were just trying to make our way to the area when I went to sleep and this happened.

The party then tried to explain to Zig what happened. 

Zig: Oh that sure is interesting, since I have nothing better to do anyways, I guess I'm going to go join you, after all a party of four sure is better then a party of three.

And so the party of Thomas, Normal, Scarlet and Zig walked through the gates to the Blocky area. But the arrival of Thomas, hasn't just made those four chomiks wake up. Inside of The Abyss was a chomik unaffected by the spell of the Archangel. Dark Matter Chomik has awoken, and he was coming to greet the new arrival.