7

"...ane... Zane.. Zane!"

Zane open his crystal blue eyes and see a pair of wide dark brown eyes looking at him intently. Both of his bushy eyebrows are raised up and the strokes of his wet and messy long raven hair are all over his head, not to mention the wind that's blowing for that they're outside, flying on the bounty.

"Helloooo? Earth to Zane? Are you in there?" He is squatting, waving his hand in front of his face and sometimes poking his forehead too,

"Yes, Cole?" The nindroid smiles, "Do you need anything?"

The black ninja stops what he's doing and look at him, this time with one raised eyebrow in confusion, "Uh... I don't know if you notice, buddy, but you've been at it for hours now,"

Zane tilted his head innocently, "Doing what?"

"Meditating," Cole sits down with his legs crossed, "I mean, I know you tend to do it for hours or days if you want, but.. I never really see you that deep in a trance before,"

"Hmm.." Zane hums, glancing up as to think, "Perhaps I was in the moment. What about you? What have you been doing?"

He just now realize that his brother in front of him is indeed shirtless. With only wearing a pair of training pants and both his hand and wrist are covered with brown hand wrap. Other than that, it's just him with his (god dayum) built, dark brown skin body with muscles and packs. He is also barefoot and sweaty,

"Training, well... Just finished actually," Cole snorts, "You were so deep, I thought you were sleeping when I see you down there in the training course. Heh, was even thinking to not wake you up,"

Zane smiled sweetly at the comment, "That is very nice of you to thought like that Cole. I very much appreciate the concern," He then put his hand on the black ninja's shoulder as a thanks, causing him to blush a little at the gesture although the innocent nindroid aren't aware of it.

Which is good for said ninja because he doesn't think he can handle a question about it.

Chirps from a bird suddenly caught Zane's attention, making him put down his hand and look at the source. He smiled and nod when he see that it was his falcon friend which is standing on the railing. He see him flap both his wings in greeting.

They stare at eachother for a while as if they are communicating, until Zane's once happy expression turned into a frown and he looked down to the floor.

Cole notices the sudden change of mood and frowned at his friend,

"H-hey... You alright?" This time, it was him that place his hand on the side of his shoulder,

"Y-yes... Indeed I am," His somber voice said so otherwise. Cole look at him with a frown on his face, concerned. It took a moment for him to think of a reason until it clicked him to the most reasonable answer for him yet,

"....There's... Been no sign of her yet?"

Zane was quiet for a moment until he quietly shake his head. The frown on his face isn't getting away anytime soon.

"I've... Been having dreams of her and that moment since the day I got my memories back and my true potential..." Zane close his eyes shut, his frownes deepened as guilt filled his voice, "If... If I could fight back then, she should've been here right now rather than being out there... All alone,"

Cole kept silent, listening to his friend in sympathy. He knows what it feels to lost someone he once love... And the grief is... Punishing. Of course he knew the odds are... Uncertain on whether or not they would find any signs of her, let alone reunite.