Chapter 1 - Where it all began...

"Dad, I know you want me to stay safe, but I really want to go to a normal school!"

I was speaking to my dad on my phone while holding a bag full of blank documents he needed to fill out.

He trusts me enough to go out for errands, but not for living like a normal person?

"Avanna, I just don't want you to get hurt!" he said over the phone, "You know that those kinds of schools have bullies and delinquents there. Besides, you'll be getting into UA in a few months..."

Ugh, he always does this...

"But I'm a teenager now, Dad," I continued, "I need to at least get some sort of socialization in my life, and I don't even have any friends! Please, Dad?"

I could him let out a sigh from his side.

"Fine, I'll see what I can do," he gave in, "But you'd better be careful not to cause any trouble, alright?"

Yes! He gave in!

"Thanks, Dad!" I told him, "I'll see you when I get home, okay?"

"Of course," he said, "Love you, Starshine!"

I let out a sigh when he called me that.

"I love you too, Dad..."

I hung up the phone and adjusted my bag.

He always called me that ever since I was little.

Yeah, he's a great dad, but he still treats me like a child even though I'm a teen.

Suddenly, I hear a crashing noise coming from around the corner of a building.

Great, another villain attack...

I let out a sigh as I began to reach the corner, which was what distracted me from hearing running footsteps getting closer to me.

Then suddenly, it hit me. Literally.

"WHAAAAAAAA LOOK OUT-!!!!"

Someone ran straight into me, causing me to fall down and drop my bag.

"ACK-"

I opened my eyes to find a green haired boy about my age on top of me.

We looked at each other for a split second and realized our situation.

The boy's face flushed red and he got up.

He began to frantically pick up the papers that fell out while squeaking out apologies, and quickly dashed around the corner to watch the commotion within the crowd.

Well that was weird...

I continued to walk home as the battle went on. 

Of course, Mt. Lady had taken down the villain and was now showing off her butt towards the audience.

There were so many cameramen I could see the flashes from miles away.

Geez, people these days... I thought as my eye twitched.

~~~

I finally reached home by the time the sun was beginning to set.

"I'm home!" I announced as I took off my shoes.

"HAHAHAHA! MY DAUGHTER IS HERE!"

I looked up to find my father in his "buff form" wearing his nightly attire.

"Dad! What are you doing?!" I yelled out, "Deflate yourself before you cough up more blood!" 

And of course, he did.

He deflated as he coughed it up and he was back to his weak form with a blink of an eye.

"I-I'm so sorry, Avanna," he told me, "I just wanted to surprise you is all..."

I let out a sigh as I cleaned up the blood.

"It's okay for you to surprise me," I began to lecture him, "just don't do it like that! How long were you in that form, anyway?"

He began to look down sheepishly as he swallowed.

"Dad..." I began, "please don't tell me you went over 2-3 hours like that..."

"Uh... maybe?" he replied.

Dammit, dad...

"Look, just don't do it again, okay?" I said to him, "You need to stay alive so we can find someone to pass One For All to!"

My dad let out an exhausted sigh before speaking again.

"I suppose you're right..."

If you couldn't tell by now, my father is actually Toshinori Yagi, also known as the number 1 hero, "All Might".

He grew weak over time and now he's nothing but skin and bones.

As for my mother, I never really knew her. She died after I was born and dad never liked talking about her death. All I know is the fact that I have her quirk and that I look like her in a way...

Anyways, my dad and I pulled the papers from out of my bag.

They were forms for my dad to fill out for me to get into the middle school I picked out.

"Now, Avanna," my father began, "are you sure you want to go through with this?"

I gave my dad a determined smile.

"Of course, Dad!"

~~~

Little did I know this would change my life forever...

My name is Avanna Yagi, and this is my story!