Chapter 8 - In the Blink of an Eye

"WHAT?! A QUIRK ASSESSMENT TEST?!"

The entire class said this in unison, which kinda weirded me out.

We were all standing on what looked like a baseball field, which I had no idea UA had one.

"But orientation!" said the brown haired girl, who's name turned out to be Ochako Uraraka, "We're gonna miss it!"

"If you really wanna make the big leagues," Aizawa began, "you can't waste time on pointless ceremonies..."

Everyone else gasped.

Damn, he didn't even hesitate...

"Here at UA, we're not tethered to traditions," he continued, "That means I get to run my class however I see fit."

The other students seemed pretty worried about what he'll make us do, and if I'm being honest, so was I. 

"You've been taking standardized tests most of your lives..."

Aizawa took out some sort of health monitor thing and showed it to us.

"But you never got to use your quirks in physical exams before."

He continued on about how society is and how not everyone had superiority over others, or at least, something like that...

He then turned to Bakugo.

"Bakugo, you managed to get the most points in the entrance exam," he told him, "What was your farthest distance with a softball when you were in Junior High?"

"Sixty-seven meters, I think," replied Bakugo.

Huh, that was the most human sounding voice I've ever heard from Bakugo...

"Right," Aizawa continued, "Try doing it with your quirk..."

Bakugo stood in the circle in front of him.

"Anything goes, just stay in the circle," instructed Aizawa, "Go on, you're wasting our time."

Bakugo began to stretch his arms out.

"Alright, man, you asked for it..."

He then readied himself and finally, he threw the ball with an explosion trailing behind it.

Show off...

"All of you need to know your maximum capabilities," explained Aizawa as the ball began to fall back down, "It's the most rational way of figuring out your potential as a pro hero."

The ball hit the ground, and so he showed us the number of meters it went.

705.2m

The students gasped for the third time.

"Whoa, 705 meters, are you kidding me?" said a boy with yellow hair with a black lightning bolt in it. 

"I wanna go! That looks like fun!" said a girl with pink skin and yellow horns.

"This is what I'm talkin' about, usin' our quirks as much as we want!" said a guy with black hair and weird looking elbows.

Through all of the noise the other students were making, I thought I heard Aizawa say something under his breath.

They soon began to quiet down and look at Aizawa.

"You have three years to become a hero," he continued, "You think it's all gonna be games and play time?"

He then smirked at us.

"Idiots," he said, "Today you'll compete in eight physical tests to gauge your potential."