Chapter 5 - Training Daze

Two days later, we were on what I called the "Trash Beach".

I was watching Midoriya try his best to pull a giant fridge with my father in his buff form balled up on top of it.

"Hey, hey, hey!" he began, "It's pretty comfy up on this fridge, how are you doin' down there?"

Midoriya collapsed into the sand as my father finished his sentence.

"People move these everyday, y'know!" he continued.

I really didn't think the slander was even necessary, but he was the professional, so I let him do his thing.

You see, the reason why he was doing this was because of how weak Midoriya's body was.

If he received my father's quirk now, his whole body may explode!

So with that, my father decided to have Midoriya clean up the trash beach so not only will the beach be clean again, but also for him to get stronger.

Well, that's how my dad explained it, anyway.

He had me watch over him so Midoriya would stay on track, and that I did.

"Hey," I called out to him, "You can do this, okay?"

He then smiled at me and nodded.

~~~

For the next ten months, there was nothing but training for Midoriya.

I was trying to help keep him on track as the days went by, and boy was it hard.

But even through all that, he wouldn't give up, not even to take a break!

I stood by his side every step of the way, hoping that I could at least make things more fun and exciting.

We were going down a walking path one day, and Midoriya gave out trying to carry run while carrying a safe.

"C'mon, look alive, kid!" said my father, "You've only got three months left! What, are you gonna give up after all this work?"

"Oh come on, Dad! Give him a break already!" I told him, "He's been training for seven months straight! He could be overworked!"

I hopped off of the bike I was riding on and I rushed to Midoriya's side.

"Midoriya, PLEASE tell me you at least got some sort of rest before this..."

He began to ball his fists.

"I have to work harder, or I won't stand a chance against the other applicants..."

I was so shocked by this.

"I don't just want to get into UA, I want to excel..."

He began to slowly get up.

"I want... to be like you!"

Was he really that persistent?

"I want... to be the greatest hero of all time!"

I swore my cheeks started to burn up.

"I'll keep on trying... until I've got what it takes to do that!"

I looked at my father to find that he was as shocked as I was, or perhaps even more.

Suddenly, he turned into his muscle form and picked him up by the collar of his sweatshirt.

"That fighting spirit is what I like about you, fanboy!" he said to him, "It serves you well!"

He continued to speak to him as I watched them.