Chapter 16 - Only the Beginning

We watched my father leap into action as the Nomu did the same.

Their fists collided into each other as we felt ourselves get blown away by the impact.

Izuku tried to stand his ground as Bakugo and I fell next to him.

"He's going to fight that brain guy head on?!" he yelled out.

"Woah, they're... so fast!" Kirishima had said.

I almost blew away as my ponytail came undone, but I was able to keep myself on the ground as the wind blew intensely on us.

Woah, I never knew how cool my dad actually was in battle!

My father got punched in his weak spot, but he still didn't give up.

They went through the forest area as they continued to punch each other.

Is he really gonna go beyond his limit?!

I looked at Izuku, who seemed to be in disbelief like I was.

But soon, that disbelief in me had turned into pure excitement.

"Kick its ass, All Might!" I yelled out to him.

And just like that, he had slammed the Nomu into the ground.

Everyone was taken aback by this, but I didn't care.

I was in pure euphoria!

"Now for a lesson," said my father, "You may have heard these words before, but I'll teach you what they really mean..."

He prepared himself for one final punch.

"GO BEYOND, PLUS... ULTRAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!"

And just like that, the Nomu had been thrown into the air, even crashing beyond the dome.

I hated how some of the other students had to miss this, it was just too cool!

The boys surrounding me began to talk amongst themselves as a tear began to fall from my cheek.

I never thought I would see my dad in action like that, but it sure as hell was awesome!

Wait, is Dad even okay after all that?!

I turned to him to see blood coming from his mouth again.

"I really have gotten weaker," he said, "Back in my heyday, five hits woulda been enough to knock that guy out..."

I looked over at Izuku to see tears popping out of his eyes again.

I guess now I know how you felt about my dad, Izuku...

But of course, I knew that Dad's time was running out quickly, and so did he.

"You've been bested, villains," he said said to them, "Surrender, we all want to get this over with quickly."

The villain began to scratch his neck furiously as we contemplated what had just happened.

"What's wrong," said my father, "Not attacking me? Didn't you say you were going to clear this level earlier? Well, come and get me, if you dare!"

The villain seemed to be frightened.

I guess he didn't think this through all the way...

"Man," said Bakugo, "This is intense..."

"As I expected," said Todoroki, "There's no reason for us to fight now, he'll handle this."

I approached Izuku and placed a hand on his shoulder.