Chapter 7 - The Start of Something New

That night, we went to the beach to meet up with my dad.

Midoriya ran ahead of me with tears still leaking from his eyes, which made me worry that he would run into something.

But, to my surprise, he didn't.

He yelled out a "Hi All Might!" before my father began to cough up blood again.

"Too loud, kid!"

Of course, there were people nearby, so we had to get them to back off before they found out.

Once that was taken care of, my father raised his hand towards Midoriya.

"Congrats on getting in!" he told him.

"Oh, I couldn't have done it without your help!" replied Midoriya as he gave my father a high five.

I giggled seeing them getting along so well.

I gotta make sure Dad doesn't try and adopt him anytime soon...

"Oh, speaking of which," my father began, "I didn't tell anyone at UA that I've been training you or anything."

Midoriya let out a small "Huh?" before he continued.

"Really, I wasn't one of the judges, and I didn't pull any strings for ya."

He shrugged at Midoriya.

"You earned that spot all on your own!"

Midoriya bowed at him.

"Wow, thanks for telling me! I'm glad to hear that!"

He looked back up at my father.

"Oh yeah! I was really surprised to hear you're gonna be a teacher at UA this year!" he continued, "I was wondering what brought you here all of a sudden! After all, your agency is in Minato, Tokyo, and everyone knows-"

"Gettin' creepy..." my father interrupted him.

Midoriya looked somewhat offended by this, but then I pitched in.

"The school wanted to make the announcement a secret so they could make it themselves," I told him, "It was actually kind of a coincidence, considering we were looking for someone to become the next One For All user! Hehe!"

Midoriya looked a little hurt by this.

Did I say something wrong?

He turned back to my father, who was looking out at the horizon.

"Your power completely wrecked my body," he began, "And all I did was jump and throw one punch, I can't control it! What do I do?"

My dad turned around to face him.

"You'll learn to manage in time," he said to Midoriya, "Hoping to master it right now is like asking a baby to run a marathon, you still have to go through the process of learning how to walk..."

Midoriya let out a sad "yeah" before realizing something...

"Wait! You knew I was gonna get hurt that badly?!"

"Well..." replied my dad, "We were sort of in a time crunch, but it turned out alright! Plus, now you know what you're dealing with!"

He then explained to Midoriya that he needed to adjust his control of his quirk.

He subconsciously turned into his All Might form though, causing the people from before notice him.

"And now we run!"

We ran as fast as we could to get out of their sight.

You've got a long road ahead of you, Midoriya, but I'll be with you every step of the way!