Chapter 9 - New Friends and Old Enemies

My classmates and I stared in awe at Izuku after he used his quirk like he just did.

They seemed to be pretty impressed as well, but the one person's reaction I could vividly remember was Bakugo's.

Let me tell you, the look on his face was priceless compared to the others'!

I swear if I had a camera back then, I would've been taking multiple shots of his face.

But of course, he was looking like that for a reason...

I remembered the fact that he and Izuku practically knew each other since childhood, and I realized how extremely confusing his situation might be.

Suddenly, he began to charge at Izuku.

I ran quickly ran in front of Izuku, hoping to shield him from any harm.

I squeezed my eyes shut, bracing for the impact of Bakugo's explosions...

Only to open them and find him just a few inches away from me, being held back by Aizawa's scarf.

Wow, that scarf of his sure is strong...

"Stand down!" said Aizawa, "It'd be wise to avoid making me use my quirk so much..."

He paused.

"It gives me serious dry eye..."

Wow, he sure does have an amazing quirk...

He then released Bakugo from his grasp and deactivated his quirk.

"You're wasting my time now," he began, "Whoever's next can step up..."

I continued to block Bakugo's view of Izuku to make sure he got to the others safely.

Uraraka had went over to check on him, so I decided to take a breather.

I looked back at Bakugo, only to find him glaring directly at me now.

Well damn, I guess he's going to target me now since I'm like Izuku's bodyguard or something...

~~~

For the rest of the tests, I tried to make sure Izuku was okay.

Yes, he was alright for the most part, but he still got hurt by his quirk, so I watched him like a hawk so I could help him if he needed it.

He had collapsed onto the ground as the others walked past him by the time we were through with the final test.

I helped him back up as he winced in pain, most likely because of his finger again.

"Hey, it'll be alright soon enough," I reassured him as I put his arm around my shoulder to help him keep his balance, "We can get you to Recovery Girl as soon as we finish!"

Izuku only let out a groan in response, but I was sure he got it.

He looked a little flustered as he leaned against me, but he was too worn out to freak out like he normally would. 

It felt really nice to be by his side like this...

~~~

We were all gathered around in front of the school gymnasium, waiting for Aizawa to finally show us the results.

"Alright, time to give you your results," he began, "I ranked you all from best to worst. You should probably have a good idea of your standing already."

He then took out a remote from his pocket.

"I'll just pull up the whole list," he continued, "It's not worth going over each individual's score."