2 - Apartment 203

"So, what are you planning on doing?" Areum's voice from the other line of the call made Y/N sigh and run her fingers through her hair. "You should apologize." 

"Do you think I don't know that? I know I have to apologize, but how?"

She was already having a hard time with her ongoing book and her writer's block since her mind had been through so many formulas and storylines. Apologizing seemed like yet another challenge she wasn't sure she could handle.

"Killer playlist?" She could hear her chuckle and she scoffed, rolling her eyes. But it wasn't that bad of an idea. She closed her laptop, getting ready to go meet her neighbor. Her ridiculously attractive neighbor. 

Walking to Apartment 203 with her heart pounding inside her chest, she hesitantly rang his doorbell and waited. There was silence for a moment, then the sound of a thud, and then the sound of the door opening. The neighbor stood in front of her, barely, leaning on the wall on his side as he stared at her. "Why are you..."

"Hey... I just-" She fidgeted with the hem of her shirt. "I wanted to apologize for-"

Before she knew it, he leaned closer to her until his head rested on her shoulder and her heart skipped a beat. But when his body started weighing down on her, she realized something was wrong.

"You're burning." She muttered when she gently pushed him back to get a better look at his face. His complexion was pale, and beads of sweat formed on his forehead. "Fuck-"

He was about to collapse in her arms if she didn't act quickly. Without hesitation, she wrapped her arms around him, supporting his weight as he grew increasingly weak. "Sorry..." He whispered and she shook her head.

"It's fine. I'm going to help you, just hold on." Y/N managed to guide him inside his apartment, leading him to the nearest couch. Carefully, she lowered him onto the cushions, propping him up to ensure he could breathe comfortably. She swiftly retrieved a nearby blanket and gently draped it over his shivering body. "Let me call-"

When she held out her phone, he reached out and held her hand, stopping her midway. "Don't."

Y/N paused, looking into his eyes filled with vulnerability and pleading. "Okay, no ambulance. What to do..." She started panicking, yet she managed to find a towel and a bowl of cool water nearby. She soaked the towel in the water, wringing out the excess, and placed it gently on his forehead. "Try to relax."

He nodded weakly, his grip on her hand tightening. As she sat beside him, she recalled a basic knowledge of first aid and home remedies that might provide some relief. She looked around, staring at the place in confusion. All he had was designer clothes lying all over the place, with shoes in a corner of the living room where a big loudspeaker was placed. 

She scoffed at the thought of the loud music at 2 am, but realization suddenly hit her. The big mirror, the loudspeaker... he was dancing. Not the kind of dancing one would do to feel lightweight, no. 

It was the kind of dancing that pushed his body to its limits. Y/N's mind raced as she connected the dots. The late nights filled with loud music, the constant dancing, and now the toll it had taken on his body. It suddenly all made sense. 

"Is there anything else I can do?"

He managed a weak smile, his eyes barely open. "Just having you here... it helps."

Her eyes softened and she smiled, tending to him and wetting the towel again before placing it on his forehead. She gently massaged his temples, hoping to take away some of his discomforts. 

His apartment lacked personal touch. Apart from the clothes and the loudspeaker, there were no signs of personal belongings or decorations. It seemed like his passion for dancing had consumed every corner of his life, leaving little room for anything else. "He's really into dancing..." 

She sat there, staring at him as his chest rose up and down. He was beautiful and attractive, no matter how much she tried denying it. His blonde locks gently framed his face, and the soft glow of the room accentuated his features. In that vulnerable moment, Y/N's heart skipped a beat, and she found herself blushing.

"Stop looking at me, I'm starting to get shy." His voice made her widen her eyes and blink in surprise.

Embarrassment washed over her, and she quickly averted her gaze. "I was just lost in thought. Don't flatter yourself."

Y/N's attempt at brushing off her sudden fascination with him only seemed to amuse him further. His lips curled into a playful smile, and he chuckled softly. "You can't fool me, Y/N. Your face gives you away."

"You wish- wait I don't even know your name. I'm not interested in you or anything, it's just that you know my name and I-"

"It's Jake." He smirked. "And I know I'm attractive, no need to hide it." 

"What-" Y/N scoffed, quickly standing up. 

Jake's smirk widened as he watched Y/N's reaction. "Relax, I was just teasing. Unless you think it's true, which is true, but you get it." 

"You're sick for fuck's sake." She sighed, brushing the hair out of her face. "Get some rest and stop being arrogant."

"Call it what you want. But it's not arrogance if you can back it up." He attempted to sit up when she pushed him back on the couch. 

"Can't you see that you're burning?" 

"I'll survive, okay?"

"For fuck's sake," She threw her hands in the air and sighed. "You know what? I came here to apologize but now? I'm not fucking sorry anymore. This is where our encounters end. I don't care if you faint again or if anything happens to you. You're so stubborn anyways."

Jake stared at her for a moment before he turned to the other side of the couch and sighed heavily. "Get out."

Y/N scoffed. "I will!" She stormed towards the door, frustration bubbling within her before she closed the door. "I'm blaming Areum for making me think this was a good idea. It clearly wasn't." 

Killer playlist? More like killer headache.