8 - Truth Or Dare

Y/N felt as if life was laughing at her. The coincidence was too ironic and she wondered if she had done anything to deserve for her vacation to be spoiled because of someone like Jake. But also, the fact that the guy she has a little crush on and the guy she hates are friends made her even more complicated. 

She stood there, staring at the two of them while Sunghoon held her hand. "She's my friend. Do you know her?" He spoke, making Jake scoff before he looked back at Y/N with a smug expression.

"I know her. Remember the annoying neighbor I told you about?" His words made Y/N's heart sink. Of all the ways Jake could have described her, "annoying neighbor" felt like a punch to the gut. After everything she had done to him, it seemed he was still oblivious to it all and Heran hadn't told him the truth yet. Y/N wanted to call her a bitch but she held her tongue and bit her lip, feeling embarrassed and vulnerable. 

"Yeah. You used to blast music until 3 am, of course, I'm the annoying one." There was a moment of awkward silence as he seemed to search for a comeback, but none came. Instead, he looked away and sighed. "Are you guys friends?"

"Yes," Sunghoon turned to her with a nod. "Jake and Heran were my classmates back in high school. Have you met Heran?"

"I did." She smiled, making her shift uncomfortably in her place. "I was at Jake's place when she cleaned all his apartment and made him porridge when he was sick. Such a sweet gesture."

Sunghoon chuckled. "That's Heran for you. She's always been like that, taking care of people." Yeah, right. "By the way, I was waiting for you to text me but then I thought I was too forward. I didn't want to seem pushy," He said, looking a little sheepish.

"No, I'm sorry. I was just busy when I went back home and I had to prepare for the trip." She shook her head and smiled. "You weren't pushy at all, I enjoyed talking to you."

"I'm glad." He smiled back, pointing between her and Jake. "Maybe you two could give each other a chance to start fresh. People can change, you know."

"No. I'm planning on having a nice time during this trip." Jake's words made her scoff before she folded her arms over her chest and shrugged. "Besides, I really don't want to see her again let alone spend time with her."

"Fair enough. I don't want to see your ugly face either." His smirk disappeared for a moment as he tried to process her harsh words. He didn't expect such a blunt response, but he just rolled his eyes and walked away with Heran who shot Y/N a glare before walking away as well. "I'm sorry about this, he's annoying."

"It's okay," Sunghoon sighed, running his fingers through his hair. "I was just trying to help. I guess we can have fun together, now. With your friend of course." 

"I mean, yes, of course." She smile faintly but she truly meant it. "Welcome to the guest house."

"I can't believe it's your parents'. You should definitely write about it in one of your books. You know, meeting your soulmate the first time on an ice rink, and the second time in your parents' guest house. This would be a story for the ages."

"The soulmate and his annoying friend who appears to be the annoying neighbor," She laughed. "It's really an odd coincidence, but I guess life works in mysterious ways." 

"It indeed is." The two of them took a walk near the guest house, taking in the beautiful surroundings. "Your parents must be really wealthy." 

 "Well, kind of. I heard they inherited the guest house from dad's parents." Y/N explained. "I used to spend most of my summers here before they were filled with internships and extracurricular activities. It's a peaceful place to write and just be away from the hustle and bustle."