Premiere anxiety ♥️ Scarlett

You watch Scarlett from your peripheral vision as you stand side by side on the red carpet of the endgame movie premiere

You watch Scarlett from your peripheral vision as you stand side by side on the red carpet of the endgame movie premiere. You had your hand gently resting on the curve of her waist, and she was leaning against your side with her hand against your chest. Flashes from cameras all but blind you, yells of the people behind them making you want to yell right back.

You've been together for nearly three years, and the amount of red carpets you've attended was easily double that number. Despite that, your girlfriends nerves would act up each and every time. Her social anxiety was normally pretty easy for her to handle, but with people constantly yelling at you with nowhere to turn, it did tend to get the best of her.

You bend your head down, "Let's move on." You murmur in her ear, and she nods slightly as she pulls herself out of your arms and begins walking forward. You trail your eyes down her body as stops to take some solo pictures, noticing the way her hand trembles as it comes to rest on her hip. It immediately has you wanting to rescue her, and without hesitation that's what you do.

You'd learned early on that leaving Scarlett alone with her anxiety was probably one of the worst things you could do. She was an over thinker with a fragile ego, and that outwardly showed no matter how hard she tries to hide it.

You walk over to her and press a kiss to the side of her head, "Wanna hold my hand?" You offer as your hand comes to rest on the small of her back. You graze the pad of your thumb over the material or her dress in what you hoped was a soothing motion.

Scarlett looks up at you with a relieved grin as she just barely nods her head, and you immediately slide your hand into her own and give it a small squeeze.
As she heads over to her first interview of the night, you take your place stood slightly behind her as her silent support system. Your thumb trails soft circles over the back of her hand, and each time she visibly grew nervous, you'd her hand three soft squeezes.

I. Love. You.

It was returned almost instantly, and you smile softly as you look down at your intertwined hands. Hers were a little smaller than your own, adorned with two pretty rings you knew cost more to than your mortgage. You trail the pad of your thumb over the top of the one sat on her fourth finger, hoping one day it would be replaced by something more meaningful.

Soon, you were moving on to interview number two, and the same process follows. Throughout the entirety of the night, Scarletts hand doesn't once leave your own. Not during the interviews. The movie. The paparazzi pictures. By the time you make it back to the car, it was nearing midnight, and you could tell she was exhausted. Premieres always seemed to take it out of her more than anything else did.

You knew when you got home it would be straight to bed. Well, as soon as you'd both showered anyway. You were also exhausted.

"You did good my love." you murmur as she rests her head against your shoulder, your hand resting on her bare thigh and giving it a soft squeeze. In response, Scarlett hums quietly against the material of your dress before bringing your hand to her lips and kissing the skin tenderly, keeping it entwined with her own after pulling away.

"Thanks, baby." She murmurs sleepily, and the corners of your lips quirk up into a fond smile as you crane your neck to press a kiss to her forehead. As she leans more into you, you find yourself wrapping your arm around her body and pulling her as close as she could safely get.

Conversation was quiet and limited on the journey home, and the clock had struck nearly one in the morning when Scarlett's driver finally pulls the car into her driveway.

You don't think you've ever known such a slow driver. But then again, you couldn't bring yourself to mind so much when he only had Scarlett's safety in mind.

After thanking him and coaxing a half asleep Scarlett out of the car, you use the keypad to enter her home and immediately pull her through to the bathroom.

The silence was comforting as you help her out of her dress, soon finding yourself stood in the middle of the large shower with her in your arms. Her bare frame was flush against your own, arms around your waist and fingers idly trailing over the skin at the small of your back. You had your arms over her shoulders, a single hand cupping the back of her head that had come to rest beneath your chin.

"I'm proud of you." You murmur over the sound of the shower water hitting the tiled floor, your hand beginning to comb through her wet hair in an attempt to rid of it it's tangles.

You feel Scarlett squeeze you closer to her as a silent acknowledgment of your words, and as her lips press against your collar bone in soothing kiss, you knew you had never loved anyone more.