Let me help you ♥️ Nat

Natasha sniffles softly as she wipes off her clammy forehead with the sleeve of her shirt. The remanence of her foundation stains the black material as she pulls her hand back, and though she frowns slightly at the sight -this was one of her favourite shirts- the feeling of becoming exceedingly overheated was taking full priority.

Why in the world was it so hot in here? Was the AC broken or something? With a disgruntled frown, she shifts in her seat in a little in hopes it would help ease her uncomfortableness. It doesn't work, and with a watchful eye on the rest of the people in the room, she begins trying to subtly fan her face with her hand.

You watch her from your place sat opposite, eyes narrowed in suspicion. You were currently sitting through yet another team meeting, and it felt as though Tony had yet to stop talking.

Natasha had been a little quieter than usual today, and you'd initially put it down to her not getting enough sleep. She'd had a pretty tough mission yesterday, and she hadn't gotten back until the early hours of the morning. That wasn't even mentioning the fact she was up again by six to workout.

But that thought had gone out of the window when you'd kissed her earlier. Her skin was almost too warm to the touch, cheeks flushed a light shade of red suggesting a fever. You, however, had no time to question her, because Tony had sent her off to do mission reports.

That was four hours ago, and you were about ninety nine percent sure her fever had only gotten worse. Especially because you knew Natasha wouldn't have had the thought to take any medication. A barely audible sniffle beaks you from your thoughts, and you look over and see Natasha subtly trying to wipe her nose on the sleeve of her shirt.

Her eyes were shiny too, and that along with the way her nostrils were flaring tells you she was doing a pretty good job of trying to stifle a sneeze. This continues for about ten minutes, and it was only when a tear of frustration streams down her cheek do you finally excuse you both from the room.

You take her hand and lead her a little away from possible prying ears and reach up to brush the loose hair away from her face. She had forgone her usual braid today in favour of leaving it down.

"Let it out," you softly instruct, and Natasha hesitates only briefly before shutting her eyes and bending forwards at the waist. She sneezes openly towards the floor, a welcomed relief for her sinuses you were sure.

"H'htschoo! Huh'tsschoo! Hh...H'tsshiew!" She uses the end of her shirt to wipe at her nose in a futile attempt at quelling the rising itch. "H'htschoo!" She groans slightly at the strength of the last one as she sniffles thickly.

"Bless you," you murmur as you take a step closer to her, and Natasha simply nods.

"You okay?" You ask as you cup her warm cheeks, using the pad of your thumb to wipe away the wet streak that was still there from earlier.

Natasha sniffles swiftly as she nods, "I don't think you are, baby." You disagree, making sure to keep your tone as unacusing as possible.

Almost immediately Natasha's eyes grow shiny, and you watch as she clamps down on her bottom lip with her teeth to stop it from quivering. Two tears somehow manage to make it down her cheeks anyhow, and that seemingly gives the flood gates permission to open.

Another set of tears fall before she lets out a choked sob, and your heart breaks at just how silent she'd managed to make it. With a small frown, you move your hands from her face to her upper arms and pull her body to rest flush against your own.

"It's okay," you sooth in a soft coo, pressing your lips against the top of her head. "We're gonna go home, and I'm gonna take care of you, okay?"

The thing was with Natasha, is that she's only stubborn for a little while. She insists she's okay and gets on with her day like normal and denies any accusations of being sick. But then you coddle her and love on her and it's like she's a completely different person. She's clingy and whiney and all she wants is to be held.