Accidents happen (nat) ♥️

You let out a soft exhale through your nose as you tenderly trail the pad of your thumb over the warm, soft skin of Natasha's cheek. The red head was laying on her side, fast asleep as hoarse, crackly breaths escape her chapped lips. She'd been sick for three days now, and it appeared as though she was no closer to getting better despite the amount of medicine she'd been taking.

It was way past the generic cold now. You knew that. Sure it had started that way. A light fever. A runny nose and cough. Nothing Natasha hadn't dealt with before and you knew for a fact had you not caught her mid sneezing fit, she probably wouldn't have even told you she was feeling under the weather. But that wasn't the case now. Said cold had transpired into what you could only guess was one of the worst cases if the flu you'd ever seen, and the only thing that was seemingly helping her feel better was sleep.

A particularly hoarse breath from Natasha brings you out of your thoughts, and you flicker your eyes up to see her face scrunched in discomfort. You frown slightly as you lean forward to press a soft kiss to her forehead, your hands lingering on her face for a moment longer before you decided it was best to try another tactic.

"Shhh, you're okay," you attempt to sooth as you slip your arm beneath her side and gently coax her tired body into your arms. She was remarkably easy to direct, settling against your chest with a wet cough as her hands reach up to cling to your hoodie. She seems to instinctively wipe her dripping nose in the material too, and though you roll your eyes fondly, you knew a tissue would be much better suited for what she was trying to do.

Reaching back, you grab a few tissues from the box on your nightstand and make quick but gentle work of ridding the snot from her nose and cupids bow. The feeling of the rough tissue against her sore, red tinged nose has Natasha's once again rousing, a pain filled whimper escaping her lips as she hides her face against your chest in a futile attempt at getting away from whatever was hurting her.

Not wanting to further her discomfort in any way, you abandon the task just half way through and toss the now soiled tissue into the trashcan. With a soft sigh and a gentle kiss against her hairline, you slip a hand beneath her pyjama shirt and begin trailing your fingers in over the too warm skin. "All done baby, you're okay." You murmur, giving the thigh that had come to rest across your stomach a soft, comforting squeeze.

In response, Natasha's sleeping self lets out a hoarse, heavy sigh, her grasp loosening on your shirt as she once again slips into fitful sleep. With the knowledge you would be her pillow until another sneeze or cough inevitably woke her, you grab your phone from the nightstand and decide to kill some time scrolling through social media.

Your free hand continues to absentmindedly trace over her back, up to the nape of her neck and down to just above her underwear. Natasha seems to all hit melt into you, and you all but welcome her as close as she could possibly get. Before long, she was more or less on top of you, head tucked into the crook of your neck with her legs sprawled over your own.

You can't help but pout softly at the action, pressing your lips in a tender kiss against the top of her head.

Soon, the sun outside disappears behind the clouds signalling that it was getting late. With the knowledge that it would soon be time for Natasha's to take some more medicine, you place your phone down and slip both hands beneath her shirt. You graze the pads if your thumbs over her sides, craning your head and pressing your lips her forehead.

"Nat? It's time to wake up baby." You murmur, lightly tapping the small of her back. Natasha remains still, her breath heavy against the skin of your neck.

You smile softly and reach down to give her behind a few firm pats, "Pumpkin? Wakey wakey." You coo, affectionately grazing the tips of your fingers over the top of her underwear before bringing your hand back up to meet the other that was still resting on the middle of her back.