The fuhrer

Jaune tossed and turned in the night. The bed they gave him was hard, but he had no right to complain when he was given help by a stranger. But after last night his confidence was at an all-time low.

Sure he has this Aura, something that is supposed to make him stronger or something. He learned that he was right at the bottom of the food chain. He was nothing compared to Hei, and if Hei got beaten up so easily by that huntress in training, then... He was just a pathetic loathe of crap! The training he did for the past year wouldn't matter at all!

Jaune stood up from the bed, throwing up the bed sheets and look around the empty room he was given.

This place is like a void

He closed his eyes, letting out a rather deep sigh before opening them and...

Jaune flinched, his vision was suddenly taken away even after they were opened. He felt the sensation of a blue light trample against his retinas. But it was gone just as quick as it came. He swore the blue had a yellow figure somewhere. But he couldn't get a good enough look.

But Jaune only rubbed his eyes, its four in the morning and he was probably just imagining it. He remembers when he saw yellow lines across the house once, his father laughed at his face for that. Maybe Jaune needs some medication or something, maybe it was just his childhood imagination at its full play. Either way Jaune was a wild one.

A weak, pathetic wild boy with an imagination that matches it.

He stood up from the bed, he thought it was enough berating at his own confidence and go down to see if anyone was awake. It was better than staying gin the cold room either way. He brushed past the door and walked down what he thinks are stairs, hopefully they were, it would be bad if he was injured and fell. Talk about a head splitting idea.

Can he still train? He took a foot down the stairs. He could try and train, but his arm was damaged. He could barely feel it thanks to the cloth. Jaune wishes there was some way to heal it faster.

That's when a sudden spark flew through his mind. Didn't Hei make the passing comment that he could heal with Aura? He needed to work with his aura somehow, and if he found a way to use it...

He sat down at the bottom of the stairs, pulling his right arm out towards his front. Aura, it sounded like something from Bagon Ball R. Like the weird energy surrounding Roku when he goes Super Quill 1 or 2. Or when they power up. He imagines it would look the same.

He closed his eyes, imagining that at his heart there was a ball of energy. In his imaginations he let the ball let out a small amount of energy, letting it go through his upper arm. He imagined it swelling right at the spot where he was injured. Slowly opening his eyes, Jaune half expected for it to work, half expected for it to not to.

Sadly, it was the latter over the former. He couldn't bring it out, he had imagined the aura heal his arm. The wrong arm too. He didn't feel anything, he felt nothing whatsoever. He lowered his head, staring between his legs and at the floor.

"You really are pathetic Jaune." He said to himself. "Maybe your sister was right. Maybe you aren't cut out to be a huntsman. Just a single-minded boy who goes through too much, feinting to be as good as the level of a huntsmen in training wrecking this bar."

His teeth clenched together and felt his good fist ball up. It was slow, maybe he stood there for ten or twenty minutes. But he slowly saw white stars enter his vision, his vision was becoming more of a tunnel as Jaune started too downcast on himself again.

Go home. Don't act a fool and just go home.

He stopped when he felt a hand be placed on his good shoulder.