Carriage (Khai/Third)

Author's note: Part 4/?? of Khai/Third vampire story from last month. 

The smell of smoke, the heat burning his pale skin. The red and orange glowing through the darkness. People are screaming. His head hurts, and he's dizzy from hunger. He didn't touch blood for weeks, waiting for his mate. He's weak and can't walk properly by himself. He won't make it out in time. He's sure death would find him again, and this time, it would be definite. His eyes are closing. He's sleepy. And suddenly, his body is being lifted and carried somewhere. He doesn't fight. He knows this person. His mate, his beloved. They are in the carriage. He hears the horses neigh. They are passing by the trees away from the chaos, but he feels something is still wrong. Terribly wrong.

"Third?" Khai's voice pulled him out of the memory. 

"Khai." Third blinked at the taller man. He wasn't sure what to say. 

"Third." Khai mouthed his name, and it sounded like divine music to his ears. He was pulled into a tight hug, and he couldn't help but sink into it. It felt so right. 

"You will know the whole truth soon." Khai kissed his temple, lifting him. 

"We are going to sleep," Khai informed Two. There was an understanding nod from his friend. Third, close his eyes. Maybe he will dream this time with Khai by his side.