19 ;

Michael Clifford

Michael was like Allisons shadow; he was always by her now, never even bothering to return to the Underworld.

He protected her, no matter what the circumstances was. He felt a connection to her, and he didn't understand it because he's never felt it before.

But it was love.

Michael was unsure of what to do at this moment in time. It's been seven months exactly since he first appeared in this tiny apartment, and guilt grew on his conscious with every breath Allison took.

He couldn't tell her though, it would break her heart as well as his. He hated that Ashton banned any type of relationship between a mortal and a Shinigami, because it was immoral in his mind.

Michael knew the consequnces of it all, especially with Fate and how cruel it all was, but it still made Michael upset that he could not be with Allison in the way that he wanted.

Celeste at least protected Michael, and lied to Ashton when he asked if Michael was in the mortal world or not, and Michael owed her more than he could ever repay.

Allison was walking home, Michael trailing behind as per usual, admiring the woman he was in love with. She snuck small glances at Michael as the two walked upstairs, blushing each time she saw Michael staring back at her with utter adoration on his face.

Allison had a smile on her face as she walked into the apartment, but it soon fell as she saw Luke pacing the room.

"Luke, what are you doing here?" Allison breathed out, setting the stuff down on the counter and Luke chuckled dryly as he tipped a bottle to his lips and looked at her.

"Do you hate me?" Luke asked, his voice tense as he sat on the couch, rubbing his hands together and Allison glanced at Michael before going over to Luke.

"How'd you even get in here?" Allison scoffed, and Luke glared up at her before standing up himself.

"Just fucking answer it." He snapped, and Allison shrunk back and Michael moved forward. He wasn't going to let Luke lay a single hand on her, or he would rip him apart.

"Luke, I don't hate you. I've loved you all of my life but as of now, I don't know anymore." Allison cried, and he shook his head before looking out the window. The rain was coming down even harder now, lightening cracking throughout the room and he scoffed.

"Just admit it!" Luke yelled, and Allison rolled her eyes.

"Luke, of course I fucking love you, but you ruined it all." She yelled back, and Luke let out a humorless laugh as he turned towards her.

"You know what, ever since your parents died, you've shut everyone out, Even me. And I'm so fucking sick and tired of it." Luke yelled, his chest feeling tight and Allison felt tears in her eyes at his words.

"What are you saying?" She whispered, her hands shaking as she looked at him and he shook his head.

"I'm saying maybe that's why I cheated on you." Luke snapped, the alcohol doing his talking and Allison took a step back, before she turned and was leaving the apartment.

"Fuck you Luke. You cheated because you're a miserable asshole." Allison snarled, glancing back to see if Michael was following her and she left.

"Just like usual, you're fucking leaving." Luke yelled before he slammed the door shut, and sat down on the couch.

Allison continued walking, despite the pouring rain but she didn't care. It hid her tears and she let out a sob as she crossed her arms over her chest.