14 ;

Michael Clifford

"Allison, we need to talk. No, that sounds dumb. Allison, I need to tell you something. No, damn it what is wrong with me?" Michael mumbled as he paced within his building, pinching the bridge of his nose and kicked the wall as he stopped.

"Fuck." He breathed out, running a hand through his hair and shook his head, allowing his hair to fall in front of his eyes slightly, worried that Allison wouldn't like the new color of his hair.

He glanced out the window as a shadow passed by, and narrowed his eyes as there was a knock at the door, but scowled as he realized it was just Calum and glared at him.

"Well, good morning to you too sunshine." Calum said, cocking an eyebrow at the expression on Michael's face and Michael rolled his eyes as he sat on the couch and looked at the tan Shinigami standing in front of him.

"What do you want?" Michael said, his tone cold and Calum frowned as he sat on the table across from him and shrugged his shoulders.

"I wanted to check in with everything. I was different before, but now I'm fine with everything. I don't even feel the anguish or the chaos within. I've become numb already, I guess." Calum said, and Michael nodded.

"Well, that's good." Michael said, and Calum shook his head as he chewed on his lip slightly.

"No, it isn't. I don't want to feel numb already. I don't want to become a soulless being who doesn't care about anything." Calum mumbled, and Michael frowned.

"Hate to break it to you, but you're already soulless." Michael mumbled, and Calum rolled his eyes as he shook his head and started pacing the room.

"That's not what I meant. I don't feel like I'm me anymore because of it. How do you deal with it? You've collected over thousands of souls, I've collected maybe twenty at most." Calum said, his wings twitching slightly and Michael nodded.

"Calum, I honestly don't know. If I knew, I would tell you but you just have to remember something that can make you feel mortal I guess." Michael said, and Calum sighed.

"Instead of just collecting souls, why don't you go to the mortal world and explore? Find a place that you can enjoy. That's what will keep you sane." Michael continued, and Calum nodded.

"Where's your place at?" Calum asked, and Michael shook his head as Calum went to the door.

"My place is none of your business. Find your own." Michael said, and Calum mimicked him slightly as he rolled his eyes and shut the door behind him.

Michael swallowed the lump that formed in his throat as the distraction that Calum was, was now gone and his thoughts were jumbled once again as he thought of Allison.

He didn't want to see her upset, but he knew that Celeste's words were true. He felt as if he had a pit in his stomach as he realized he was going to have to see tears in her beautiful eyes once again.

He swallowed the lump in his throat as he rubbed his face and took a deep breath before shutting his eyes and appearing within Allison's small apartment.

He glanced around within the cozy space, frowning as Luke and Allison were sprawled out on the couch together, Allison dozing off on his chest and he clenched his fists.

Luke was on his phone, glaring angrily at the screen and Michael assumed that it was the girl from the other day that was with him in the library.

He walked behind the couch, his eyes casting down on the screen and his eyes flashed as black as coal when Michael realized he was right.