10 ;

Michael Clifford

He had waited for Allison to finally fall asleep before appearing in her bedroom. Each and every moment that he stood, watching her sleeping figure thrash about in her sleep, was another painstaking moment in his time.

He didn't want to take the ring, he really didn't. But he had to. Not only for his sake, but for her sake as well. That was all he cared about at this point, was her own happiness.

The ring was directly beside her on the bedside table, and Michael frowned as he stepped forward and retrieved the ring, sliding it back onto his middle finger where it rightfully belonged.

She stirred in her sleep, turning over on her side and snuggling into Lukes side and Michael struggled to swallow the lump that formed in his throat, and disappeared.

***

Allison stretched as she awoke the next morning, yawning as she did so and she immediately reached her hand out, her hand gliding across the wood and her eyes opened as she did not feel the familiar feeling of cold metal against her skin.

"What?" She mumbled to herself as she sat upright and started searching, looking behind the table and underneath, but no sign of the ring was present and she ran her hands through her hair as she sat on the floor against the bed.

"Babe, what's wrong? Did you have another dream?" Luke asked, nearly falling out of the bed to get beside her, and she shook her head as she continued gripping her hair and whimpered.

Luke frowned and wrapped his arms around her, tugging her closer and he kissed the top of her head as he held her, not sure why she was acting this way.

"I'm okay. I just lost a ring." She sniffled, and Luke chuckled as he rubbed her back, moving his hand in small circles and she sighed.

"I'll buy you a new ring, I just don't like seeing my baby girl upset." He mumbled, kissing her forehead again and she put on a fake smile as she stood, helping him up and he wrapped his arms around her, and her face fell.

She thought about it, hurt flashing through her mind as she realized that Michael took the ring back while she was sleeping.

"I'm going to shower and then we have a class at noon. Do you want to grab something to eat before or after? If we do after, it'd have to be fast because I have a class at one." Luke said, and Allison sighed as she pulled away.

"We can do before, that way you're not rushing to your next class." She said, and he smiled as he kissed her forehead once again, and went into the bathroom to shower.

She smiled softly to herself as she heard the water start and Luke hum along to a random song they've heard play from the radio, and started getting ready herself, trying not to focus on the thought that Michael had left her.

Trying not to focus on the fact that Michael didn't even bothering to tell her, and just left her alone without a single notice. She wondered if he even did care for her, even just as a friend, but she shook her head as she slipped a shirt over her head.

He must not have cared about her as he just left, and she didn't want to keep thinking about him, but he consumed every bit of her conscious thought.

The way his dyed hair was always messily styled on his head, the way his pale skin would nearly shine in the late night, the way his eyes would look as if they contained the entire world in them.

She groaned to herself and rubbed her eyes, black spots clouding her vision as she plopped herself on the couch, her body laying across the furniture and she yawned to herself, not realizing that the water had shut off and Luke sat beside her.