11 ;

Michael Clifford

Allison Barnes was merely a mortal, but she consumed his every conscious and unconscious thought.

He was trying to distract himself, reading any book that Celeste had in her vast library, but nothing could pull away his thoughts that were gnawing at his brain like an infectious parasite.

He groaned in frustration as he slammed a book down on his desk, watching as dust flew around in the air, whirling in a whimsical fashion and he scratched the back of his neck as he turned on his heel, jumping as Calum was standing in the doorway.

"You cannot just appear without warning me." Michael snapped, and Calum chuckled as he walked into the room and perched himself on the couch, causing Michael to scowl at him.

"Why, afraid you might have a heart attack?" Calum teased, and Michaels eyes flashed black before they quickly returned to normal and Calum rolled his eyes as he held his hands up in surrender.

"I'm kidding." Calum mumbled, but by now Michael had already moved on and was wondering why he was bothering Michael. As if Calum could read his thoughts, he sighed and ran a hand through his hair and shook his head.

"Taking souls has become too easy now. I just become numb and bring them into the Underworld. Is that a bad thing? I feel like it should be, but it doesn't register." Calum said, and Michael frowned as he sat beside the younger Shinigami.

"That's good you feel numb, it's better than feeling regret or remorse, because those thoughts consume you until you're slowly driven insane." Michael said, and Calum sighed as he leaned forward, rubbing his face and groaned.

"Since you last helped me, I've taken five more souls Michael. The others haven't even taken another yet. I just keep going through them, and I should be happy because Ashton keeps boasting about how proud he is of me,

"But the thing is, I feel the sadness of each soul I take. I can see it in their eyes." Calum admitted, and Michaels frown deepened as he knew exactly how Calum felt, as it was the same start for Michael.

"Just brush it off for now. Eventually it will all just become routine, and you won't even question yourself again." Michael lied, and Calum nodded as he stretched and leaned back against the couch, and breathed out.

"What about you, how have you been doing? What's her name, Allison?" Calum asked, and Michael shrugged his shoulders as he mirrored Calum's actions, leaning back and sinking further into the leather couch.

"Fine." Michael said, almost too quickly but Calum didn't notice the awkwardness in Michael's tone, nor the way his hands lightly clenched into fists at the mention of Allison.

"Well that's fantastic." Calum replied sarcastically, and Michael rolled his eyes at the tone present in the youngers voice.

"Is there any other reason you're here? Not that I don't enjoy your company." Michael mumbled, and Calum shook his head and Michael watched as he stood and left the room, and Michael sighed as he rubbed his face and groaned in frustration.

He disappeared from the immortal world and appeared beside Allison, but without the ring she had no idea of his presence.

His breath was taken away as he saw her, her body dressed in the elegant dress that she had picked out before and her hair styled effortlessly beautiful.

He frowned as he saw Luke come behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist and he stepped back as he looked at his surroundings.

People bustled around the small room, an he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion until he saw a woman dressed in a white gown, and he realized that he was at the wedding that Luke and Allison had spoken about before.