𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝓃𝑒: 𝑴𝑬𝑬𝑻𝑰𝑵𝑮

The sweet sound of birds singing in the morning, ecstatic to see the sun finally pop up. Trees swaying, making a satisfying noise as the wind pushes the leaves together repeatedly. The smell of a fresh notebook being opened for the very first time.

A loud dreadful noise woke Mike up, he groaned and looked at the buzzing phone. He grabbed the phone from the bedside table, when the luminous light hit his face he squinted and tapped the snooze button. He threw his phone somewhere around his room and turned to the wall.

Five minutes later the same noise woke him up again. He sighed and got out of bed almost falling. He couldn't find his phone so the alarm kept going off. "Just shut up!" Mike yelled and found the phone right after. He turned the alarm off and put the phone down.

He ran his fingers through his hair and walked to his closet. He grabbed a blue and grey striped shirt with some random jeans. He put on the first shoes he could find which were black converse.

He grabbed his phone and went downstairs to see his family at the breakfast table. "Mike you overslept!" Karen lectured. Mike rolled his eyes as he barely even stepped off the stairs and his mother was already complaining. "It was five minutes mom, i'm pretty sure I'll be fine." Mike claimed. He walked to the counter and put two eggo waffles in the toaster and waited for them to pop back up.

"C'mon, c'mon, c'mon." Mike murmured. He tapped his index finger impatiently on the counter multiple times, hurrying the toaster. When the waffles came popping up he grabbed them and rushed to the door. "Butter, Michael!" Ted shouted loud enough for Mike to hear, "Im gonna be late!" Mike yelled back.

It was just a normal Tuesday in Hawkins. Maybe? He had school which was absolute torture, it was exactly like jail. It was just boring in general. His friends were okay at times, that made the day slightly better. But he didn't know two new people would be joining them at the prison.

Mike walked in the school and went to his locker. The party came up to him behind Max who had a huge smile. No one saw her smile like that ever since she got a new skateboard for her 13th birthday because Billy had broke the first one she got.

Max started to speed talk about something. She was going way too fast for Mike to hear half of what she was saying. "Max slow down, I can barely hear anything you're saying right now!" Mike exclaimed. "Mike you don't understand how serious this is. Twins! In Hawkins. In our school!" Max exclaimed.

Mike had totally missed that part. "Why are we freaking out about this again?" Dustin asked. "Because! There's only one set of twins in Hawkins. And they're coming by to this school!" Max explained. "I thought there were more twins?" Mike spoke very clearly confused.

Max sighed. "No, only four hundred people are allowed in Hawkins. Do you know how lucky it is to be a twin in this shitty town?" Max asked. "No. One, because i'm not a twin. Two, i'm gonna say lucky." Mike pointed a finger.

"Wait are you talking about the uhh, builders? I don't know their last name." Lucas asked. "I don't know their last name either. I just know that they're twins." Max replied. Dustin and Lucas shared a look Mike and Max couldn't quite read but shrugged.