Chap. 9

I never really got the chance to look around Rumple's shop before without him getting annoyed at me and kicking me out so this was the perfect opportunity. I also never realised just how many antiques Rumple owned. There was an insane amount of items and I wondered how he got a hold of all of them. Stealing? Seemed likely.

It was Rumple's shop, after all. I wonder if any of them were given to him, too. That, I also wouldn't doubt.

I switched on a light as we entered the back section. It was the same as I remembered from home. Damn, I really need to stop calling my past life home. This is my home, now, and it will be for a long time.

"This is pretty," I said as I picked up a diamond necklace. "I wonder where it came from."

"I don't know, but I bet it'll look more pretty around your neck," Peter said behind me as he took the necklace from me. I held back jokingly saying, 'like your hand'. I felt the cool necklace against my skin within seconds. "All done."

"Thank you," I said, turning to face him. He gave me a smile and continued to look around more.

I could tell he was captivated by all the artifacts, as was I. As I had said before, there were so many. They were everywhere, on every shelf and table, some even hung on the walls or from the ceiling. I took in the calming atmosphere around me. I could look at all of this stuff for hours if I ever wanted to.

"I'm gonna like it here," Peter said, turning around so I could see his face. A hint of a smile danced across his lips. "And I'm gonna like it even more if you came in here with me whenever possible."

I raised my eyebrow at him. "What, are you planning on living here, now?" I asked with a laugh.

"Course not." He wrinkled his nose. "I'm just saying, it could get lonely in here all by myself. I'd prefer to have you with me when I choose to be in here."

My heart swelled in my chest. It felt nice being loved. Especially being loved by Peter, of all people. I grabbed his hands in mine and smiled.

"Do you know how happy you make me?" I asked quietly.

"Pretty happy, I would hope," he said. "Although, I don't think I make you very happy when I kidnap your best friend."

"Hey, don't bring up the past when we should live in the present," I said.

"The never-ending present," he said. I pulled him into me and he wrapped his arms around my waist.

We held each other tightly, neither of us wanting to let go at any given point. If this present was never-ending, what with the future looking to be the same as today and every single day we will live, I didn't mind it, for I had Peter and Peter had me.

Wow.

That sounded like we relied on each other for everything. We don't, but being with someone for the rest of eternity can make one rely on the other and vice versa for a lot of things. Happiness, for example. As stated earlier, we were always there for each other when we needed someone.

"I wonder what this eternity holds for us," I said, mainly to myself, but Peter was quick to answer.

"I don't know, darling, but hopefully something good," Peter said.

"Yeah," I said and we let go of each other, but didn't move very far away. After a few moments, I went back to look at stuff.

I walked over to the wall and opened a small door on it. Within held a few bottles of potions. I picked one of the potions and turned it over in my hand. It was a small, blue jar, nothing interesting about it. I reached up to put it back on the shelf but the next thing I knew, my fingers slipped and it fell to the floor. It landed with a crash and when the liquid touched the wood below me, it bubbled and hissed.