Chap. 6

It was the next morning at around 10:00 when I heard Peter's voice talking to me over the walkie talkie, waking me up. I groaned and sat up. This was way too early in the morning to be awake. I grabbed the walkie talkie off my dresser.

"What? Over," I snapped at him.

"Wow, okay, I'll remember next time to not talk to you in the morning," he said. "Over."

I sighed. "It's fine, I had to get up at some point anyway. Over."

My phone pinged and I looked at it

Text From: Natalie 🤪💖

Natalie 🤪💖: hey bitch, how ya feeling?

Looks like everyone just wants to talk to me right now, huh? I typed back a quick reply.

Me: Great, I wish I could see you :(

"So what you're saying is that I did you a favor," he said. "Right? Over."

"No, I am absolutely not saying that. I would rather be sleeping right now but you have disturbed that slumber. Over," I said.

Natalie 🤪💖: same. you should come over today

Me: You know I can't 😔

Me: But I would if I could

"I would say sorry but I'd only be lying to you," he said. "Over."

"Meanie. Over," I said.

There was silence before he answered with a laugh. "That's the best you got? Over."

Oh, so he wants to play this game? Got it. "Bitch, you can get on your knees and suck my metaphorical dick for that comment. Over," I said.

"Why don't you suck mine? I'm sure you'd look very pretty on your knees. Over." He answered almost immediately with a chuckle.

"Oh? Are you saying your dick is metaphorical? Over." I asked, blatantly ignoring everything else he said. There was a pause on his end.

"N-no, no I'm not saying that. I- I meant like- oh nevermind. Over." he grumbled.

Natalie 🤪💖: dammit. how's your memory coming along?

"I win. Over," I said, laughing.

Me: Pretty good, I remembered something yesterday

Her response was quick.

Natalie 🤪💖: that's amazing omg!

Me: Ikr!

"For now. But soon I will get you back," he said. "And it's not metaphorical. Want proof? Over."

My eyes widened. "NO! Nononono, I don't want proof, I believe you!" I exclaimed. "O-over."

"Awe, did you just stutter? How adorable. Over," he said.

"Oh my God, shut up. Over and out," I said.

I set the walkie talkie down and reveled in the silence. I laid down properly and went back to sleep.

---

The second time I woke up, it was 12:07. Perfect. I got out of bed and stretched. The extra two hours of sleep really did make a difference. I picked up my phone and saw that Natalie hadn't texted back, which was expected.

I then went to my closet and picked out a pair of light blue jeans and a white top. I put makeup on and then went back to sit on my bed. I heard a knock on my door and saw Regina enter. She gave me a weird look.