Chap. 4

"No," I said, my voice quivering.

"It sure looked like Pan," she said.

I tried to find an excuse or something. Anything to help me out.

"I think your eyesight is going bad, Regina. You might want to get some glasses," I said with a nervous chuckle.

"You know I'm not going to fault you for wanting to get your memory back but you can't go back out there without your father's permission," she said.

"Right... getting my memory back," I said. She gave me a weird look. "It's just- what am I supposed to do?" I sighed.

"I don't know, we'll figure this out. Maybe I'll talk to your dad, make arrangements," she said. My eyes widened.

"Don't tell him about what happened tonight!" I said. "Please."

"I won't. Just don't do it again," she said. I nodded.

"I promise I won't," I said.

"Alright, I'll see you in the morning. Goodnight," Regina said and turned around.

"Goodnight," I said to her retreating back.

I shakily got up and closed my door before going back to my bed. The stress built up and I took a deep breath. I put my face in my hands, trying to ward off a headache. I was lucky. Regina understood, thankfully. Now that I think about it, sleep didn't sound too bad.

---

It was around three weeks after the adventure with Peter. We were talking on the walkie talkies whenever possible but I always let him start the conversation because I never knew if Rumple was in the vicinity. Luckily, Regina didn't care that I had given him the device so we were free to talk to each other at any point, so long as nobody else was in the house other than Regina, Henry, and me. On another note, God, Peter's voice. I loved listening to it. It was so soothing and he could drone on and on about anything and I wouldn't care. He didn't, however. He was always interested in me. In my life.

I was laying on my bed, working on my schoolwork when I heard a knock at the door. I looked up just as Mary walked through the door. I smiled at her and in return, she smiled back. In her hands was a small stuffed bear.

"I'm sorry I haven't been able to visit you earlier," she said. "David and I have been so busy."

Just then, David walked through the door. I gave him a smile and he returned it. They both came to sit on my bed and I sat up straighter. Mary gave me the bear and I took it and held it close to me.

"Thank you," I said, my eyes darting back and forth to them.

"Of course," David said. "How have you been feeling?"

"I'm good. Great, actually," I said.

"That's wonderful!" Mary said.

They then proceed to ask me about how school is going and other small things. I think they just wanted to make sure I'm slowly getting back into my old life. Or, as life was after Neverland and before the coma, even if I couldn't remember it.

"Mary, David," I said. "How- why was I in the coma? Everybody has hardly explained it to me."

They looked at each other before giving a small nod. I raised my eyebrows at them in confusion.

"As you probably already know, yours and Pan's lifelines and pain are connected," David started. "So with Pan being in Pandora's box, his body was slowly shutting down into a state as close to death as possible. Time doesn't pass in the box and his heart started to beat very very slowly which caused yours to do the same. As soon as he was taken out of the box, his heartbeat slowly started to increase, as yours did."