Chap. 1

It was bordering on the beginning of the fourth week since I had found out about my connection with Peter. My dad had me staying over at Regina's place to ensure maximum security, which left me on full lockdown. It was boring, to say the least, but necessary. I had to stay in the house at all times while Regina and Henry were allowed to leave whenever. But if Regina had to leave, Rumple or Emma had to take her place. I could never be left alone for fear that Peter would somehow escape the box and come after me.

I tried reasoning with everyone, mainly my dad, that Peter wouldn't hurt me because, in turn, he would be hurting himself and how the hell would he even be able to escape that box? It was designed to entrap a person in it forever. If Rumple couldn't escape it back in Neverland, how was Peter supposed to escape it? He had less magic than Rumple, what with his magic being weakened. My dad said he didn't want me kidnapped by him again. I asked him what he could possibly do to me while in his custody. He still hasn't found an answer to that question and yet, I am still here, couped up in this stupid house with nothing but a few people and my phone.

Each day felt like a dream. Nothing felt real anymore and it seemed like every day molded into one. The only reason I know what week it is is because of the date on my phone. Without it, I would've lost count by now. Even then, with the date on my phone, I hardly checked it. I only checked it when absolutely necessary. All the days felt like one long day, to be honest. It was always the same routine over and over and over. I was slowly becoming annoyed with everything around me.

I was slowly becoming annoyed with this house. It felt like I had seen everything there was to see in this house a hundred times over. I knew where most of the cracks in the walls were, which steps on the staircase creaked, which lights took a little bit longer to flicker. It was making me go insane, I swear. I needed something from the outside world, even if it was something small. Just a touch of freedom, that's all I wanted.

My dad would check up on me three days out of five every week without fail. That was, I suppose, something nice. I loved my father to death but the overprotectiveness was starting to get on my nerves. Even Rumple had tried reasoning with my dad but to no avail. He just wouldn't change his mind. I guess I could understand why he wanted me to be so protected from Peter. I was his daughter, his prodigy, and almost any parent would worry over their child, no matter their age. If they were in danger, they would do anything in their power to make sure they were safe. However, I thought I still should at least get to be able to take a walk outside every once in a while. But no, that's not something he was willing to let me do.

I stared at the wall, listening to music. Y/F/B was playing but even that didn't make me feel better. I just wanted to be out in the world enjoying my life instead of being stuck inside all day. I craved the outside. I craved the fresh grass under my shoes and long walks around the town. No matter what I did to distract myself from thinking about all of that, my mind always seemed to wander back to the outside. It almost felt as if I was the one being punished instead of Peter. Or maybe we both were.

It was mid-day when I decided to get up and walk around my room. When I stood, I felt dizzy. My body slowed and I felt as if I was about to fall over at any second. I held onto my bedside desk for support and slowly blinked my eyes as I tried to catch my breath. This was normal for me. Ever since we out Peter back in the box, something about me just felt off, like my body wasn't up to its full potential. It was the strangest thing, seeing as my body is usually pretty good.

Sometimes it would be dizziness, other times it was my senses working to their highest standard. Sometimes I would even get headaches. But it was all small things so I didn't worry too much. However, I was still concerned. I haven't told anyone because I knew they would freak out more than me.
My body was soon in control again and I walked around my room, focusing on everything that I could to be able to not lose control again. The sunlight streamed through the open window and I heard the hustle and bustle of the city below me since I was on the second floor of the house. Sometimes I would call out to the people on the streets and they would wave back. That's what kept me sane, having even just a little bit of outside contact.