Chap. 3

The only sounds that were present were the whooping of a dozen boys and the laughter of two people. Silhouettes traced along the firelight and forest opening. They moved together in rhythm, never breaking away.

There were feelings of confusion, joy, and peace all mixed into one. Still, the emotion of confusion didn't get in the way of the dance. They continued on and on and on, never breaking stride.

Beep. An echo.

Beep. A melody.

Beep. A strain.

Fading. Fading was the scene.

Fading. Fading were the emotions.

Fading. Fading were the sounds, replaced by a new one.

Beep.

I awoke with a sudden start. I looked around my room, noticing the darkness that was slowly blanketing the walls, floors, ceiling, and objects around me. I felt around for my phone on my bed and once I grabbed it, I turned it on. 5:30. Sunset was just beginning and Peter will be here in two hours.

Yawning, I got up, stretched, and turned on a lamp on my bedside table before going to my closet to pick out some clothes. After a few minutes of debating, I finally decided on a pair of black ripped jeans and a sky blue crop top. I put on a simple face of make-up; mascara, concealer, foundation, lipstick, light blue eyeshadow, and highlight. I figured this would work since I had no clue what we were going to do. I wasn't too overdressed and I definitely wasn't too underdressed. At least, I hoped so. But with Peter's situation, I doubted we were going to do anything fancy.

I grabbed my purse and took out a twenty. It was just in case. I put it in my back pocket and sat on my bed, waiting for the time to tick down. The minutes passed painfully slow. 7:09, 7:10, 7:11.

Finally, after what felt like years I heard a voice from behind me. I looked at the clock on my phone. 7:27.

"Y/n," they whispered. I turned around to see Peter.

"You made it!" I exclaimed quietly. He looked down at a watch on his wrist then back at me.

"With three minutes to spare." He grinned. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you," I said.

I took this moment to look him over as well. He was wearing a black button-up and a pair of blue jeans with black shoes- most likely converse. My guess was that Rumple had given him those clothes.

"You look very handsome," I said. It was weird since I didn't know him but at the same time, complimenting him felt so natural.

"Thank you," he said. "Ready to go?"

"Yep," I said.

I reached my hand out the window for him to take. When my hand was outside, a blaring siren erupted through the air. My eyes widened.

"Get down!" I told Peter.

He followed my demand and I covered myself with the blankets, making sure my clothes were hidden. I looked over towards my bedroom door and waited innocently for Regina to walk in. The siren was still going and my heart rate sped up.

Regina opened my door a second later, panic written in her expression. She quickly calmed down when she saw me.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry, I didn't know there was a siren. All I did was lean my head back and I forgot my window was open and-"

"Y/n, it's okay!" She yelled over the noise. "It's just a safety precaution. It should stop in a few minutes."

"Okay," I said, relaxing. "You can go back to bed, now."