Chap. 8

I looked outside the window, the red hue forming among the scenery outside added to the dreariness that engulfed the atmosphere. I was sitting in a light blue cushioned chair, letting my mind go completely blank. It was silent. Everything was so silent. There wasn't a sound that was made, almost as if nothing existed anymore. I sighed and leaned back into my chair. Something was missing. There was always one sound that I knew I could count on, yet it wasn't here. What was it? What- oh!

"Y/n?" Peter asked as he walked in the room, startling me. He gave a chuckle. "You look so..."

He didn't have to finish his sentence for me to understand what he meant. I looked so worn out. I felt worn out.

"I don't have a heartbeat," I whispered as I continued to stare out the window.

"Well, yeah, that's expected," he said.

It had been a few days since we had arrived at this horrid place. A few days and this was when everything decided to crash down on me. Peter stopped caring almost entirely that we were here, thinking that there was no changing the past so what's the point in caring? But I on the other hand had so much time to think. And when I let my thoughts wander...

"We're dead," I said. I looked over to Peter and he gave me a weird look.

"We've been dead for about three days now, sweetheart," he said.

"We can't go back," I said, my voice cracking as I attempted to hold back tears. "My family..."

"Will survive," he said and kneeled down in front of me. "Just like we will."

"We can't survive if there's nothing for us to have hope for," I said. Peter grabbed my hands in his.

"You know what I mean," he tsked at me.

I looked into his eyes, his beautiful green eyes. With all the color gone in the world, I was given the pleasure of at least seeing his emerald eyes. I felt tears fall from my own e/c ones but I didn't wipe the tears away. Instead, Peter did.

He brought his hand up to gently swipe the tears off of my s/c skin. He was so gentle with his movements, as if he was afraid of breaking me. I shakily brought my hand up to place on the back of his neck and pressed my cheek into his hand more. He was so fucking comforting.

"I just- it's just- everything's- they're all- we-"

My mind was racing too fast for me to comprehend what exactly I wanted to say, but Peter didn't seem to mind. Instead, he brought me close to him and I clung onto his shirt with everything I had. I felt a sob leave my throat and I didn't try to stop the crying that came after.

He didn't say anything, just held me, but that's all I needed right now. I just needed him to hold me, to be with me. Nothing felt okay right now and I knew nothing was going to feel okay for a while.

It hurt to feel so weak. It hurt to feel so lost. So cut off from the world. It hurt to never be able to see my family again. I was never going to see their beautiful smiles or hear their gentle voices. I was never going to feel their arms wrapped around me again.

I was never going to be able to crack jokes with Henry, or get into silly arguments with my dad. I was never going to laugh with Emma and have Regina parent me as if I was her own. I was never going to be able to get advice from Rumple or play games with Belle.

I was never going to see the world as I once knew it to be. The taste, the smells, everything about it- gone. Ripped away from me and never to return. The only thing that was keeping me going was Peter.

Peter. Sweet, darling Peter. The man who almost murdered Henry, the man who kidnapped me. The man who is my True Love. The man I am destined to spend eternity with. The man, who, despite everything that he's done, I was able to forgive. To let go of all of his wrong doings. Just as the world let go of me. Of us.