Chap. 2

I woke up to an all-white ceiling and bright lights. I groaned and tried to get into a sitting position but ended up just staying laying down. I had about three seconds before a person was at my side.

"You're awake!" The person said. I looked over at them and saw that it was my dad.

"Yeah, I am," I said, my voice scratchy. I looked around me. "Why am I in the hospital?"

He eyed me worriedly and reached over to a table beside him. He then handed me a water bottle. "You don't remember?"

I took a few sips of water and thought back on it. The last thing I remember was passing out. "Yeah... I passed out, but that's not really a huge deal, right? I mean, it could've just been from tiredness or something."

"Y/n, you've been in a coma for the past month," he said.

I slowly blinked at him, my mind trying to comprehend what the hell he just said. Now that didn't make any sense. "Um..."

"Ah, there she is!" A doctor said as she walked into the room. "Did you enjoy your long nap?"

I saw my dad roll his eyes. "That's not funny," he said.

The doctor just gave a small smile and checked me over. I watched the process, still trying to figure out how this could've happened. For the most part, I was pretty healthy.

Then I remembered my sometimes failing senses and the dizziness I felt when walking too fast. Was that the cause? What was wrong with me? It felt like distant memories, too. I couldn't place just where the memories of the feelings came from, just that they were there inside of me.

"You should be free to go home in a week," the doctor told me then turned to my dad. "If she experiences anything odd, bring her back in."

"Of course, thank you," my dad said and shook her hand.

My eyes followed the doctor until she was out of the room, to which I then looked over at my dad, silently asking for an explanation. He sighed.

"You were in the coma because of Pan. Because he was in the box," he said.

"Who's Pan?" I asked.

My dad stared at me like I had grown two heads. "Who's Pan?" He repeated, shocked.

"Yeah," I said. "I've never heard that name before."

"You're- you're kidding, right?" He asked. I shook my head.

Suddenly, he got up and pressed a button on the wall. I watched as the button turned red and saw the doctor rushing back. She opened the door in a panic. My breathing increased with nervousness.

"What? What's happened?" She asked.

"She doesn't know who a certain person is. She used to know them. I-" my dad was practically freaking out.

"Okay, okay calm down, it's just amnesia. Retrograde Amnesia, to be exact. It happens sometimes. I recommend letting her see the person to see if she gets her memory back," the doctor said. My breathing returned to normal. Amnesia. David had that and his memories came back so I wasn't too worried.

"No, absolutely not," my dad said. "That's not going to bloody happen."

"Her memory might not come back unless she has some sort of contact with them," she said.
What was so wrong about this person that my dad didn't want me seeing him? He couldn't be that bad. I heard my dad sigh.

"We'll figure this out later," he said.
---
It was, as per the doctor's request, a week later when I was back at Regina's. They told me about how I needed to stay inside to be protected and that I had been in the house for four weeks before the coma, even though I didn't remember that, either. I was lying in my bed, listening to the argument happening outside my closed door.