Back in Time!?!

Atsushi found himself in a familiar yet unfamiliar surrounding of a riverbank. How could he not recognise this area when this was where he first met his mentor, Dazai, the suicidal maniac.

But at the same time, it was not that place either, the place was changed too much especially him.

When he saw his reflection on the river, he felt really shocked, Atsushi was not looking at a 18 year old self but instead, 4.

He had become younger and didn't seem to be hallucinating since he pinched himself hard on the cheeks to make sure, it hurt so that's out of option.

Something about these changes felt not right, if he was surly sent back in time by some kind of ability, shouldn't he be still at the orphanage? He tried to think but he wasn't Ranpo or Dazai. Nothing came to mind.

The next question would have been, 'who sent me back?' but that was answered by a mysterious voice.

"Hi, I was the one who sent you back!" a cheerful voice exclaimed while he was quite shocked on how that person had read his thoughts.

"Don't be too surprised, you're like an open book"

"Ok..?" he awkwardly answered.

"Nice to meet you , my name is Teiji"

"Hello Teiji, my name is Atsushi" he nervously said and asked a question "why did you send me here?"

"That because I wanted to... ya know? I got a bit bored" the other said quite cheerfully.

His eyes widened when hearing the boy's reply. I mean, who would do things like this because they had nothing better to do?!?

To send him back in time that person should have a very powerful ability. So he decided to play along for now, after all Atsushi doesn't want to make a dangerous  person an enemy.

"Is there another 'Atsushi' here? Since I'm still supposed to be at the orphanage at this age" he asked to start a conversation and break the awkward atmosphere.

"No, I made it so that you didn't go to the orphanage. Your parents are dead though" Teiji said

"I'm glad that I don't need to go to the orphanage again" Atsushi sighed in releif. 

 "You shouldn't hold a grudge against the orphanage director since he loved you"

"How do you know? All he did was abuse me so how could he have loved me?"

Sigh* " You don't understand do you? He did that to you since the man himself was filled with self loathing for being weak and powerless for not being able to save his friends and projected these feelings onto you to ensure you wouldn't end up like himself when you eventually left to the outside world, he loved you very much." Teiji explained 

"I know it's a lot to take in but he is your father."

"I...I didn't know.... how... why..." Atsushi stuttered feeling at lost on what to say or do.

"Sometimes the truth is much more harder than to accept than the lies" Teiji smiled and patted the other's back reassuringly. "Don't think of that person too badly"

"I won't forgive him, but I'll try" He answered

"Ok, don't cry now, we have to talk about some other things" Teiji said, "like guessing what job Dazai has right now" he said to brighten up the mood.

"Bartender?"

"Wrong"

"Teacher?"

"Wrong"

"Childcare worker?"

"Wrong"

"Restaurant worker?"

"Wrong"

"Construction worker?"

"Wrong"

"I don't know" Atsushi cried while failing his arms. He couldn't think of anything else since Dazai seemed to not fit any types of jobs at all!

"Pfft, Ok ok, I'll stop teasing you now, he is Agutagawa's mentor" Teiji said brightly which didn't fit what he had said just now. 

Agutagawa is from the Port Mafia so if Dazai was his mentor than he would have to be in the Port Mafia.

Atsushi was shocked and didn't believe his ears and looked again at the other person. Teiji just nodded understandingly. Of course, since the idea that the silly goofus of a person could be a killer would be unimagineable.

"He is different then in the future" Teiji just stated