A Song

It was the afternoon and Atsushi found himself sitting near the riverbank while looking irritated at his supposed mentor. 

"What are we doing here" he asked again to hear an answer to no avail.

What also annoyed him was that the other was ignoring him on purpose. He talked to the tiger to kill time, mostly one-sidedly by him. 

He then proceeded to look at the other people passing by, studying them and trying to guess what job each of them have.

After a while Teiji smiled a bit and prodded the light grey haired boy,

"I want you to do something"

Atsushi's brain was flashing red light, calling out danger so he gulped, what would he possibly want me to do? So he blurted out his thoughts.

"What do you want me to do?"

"Something simple"

"Ok..?"

"I want to hear you sing"

"Whaaaaaa????!??"

Atsushi was very confused on why the other wanted him to sing, its not like he is complaining but he just thought it was a very weird request.

"What should I sing?" He questioned after regaining his composure

"Anything good"

What a simple reply.

He thought for a while and couldn't think of any good songs. 

"I don't know any" 

But he didn't receive a reply so he  glanced up to see a look of shock that was plainly sketched upon the other's face. 

Waiiit a minute, don't tell me he didn't know I don't know songs.

All he was taught was simple songs like, twinkle twinkle little star or hokey pokey, basically children's songs. That was all the songs he knew and he didn't think any of them fell under the category of good.

"Whatever you sing is good!" Teiji replied as if he read his mind.

He did that again, how freaky, he was pretty sure he didn't show his thoughts 'like an open book'. Guess he needs more training.

He then spent an hour with his mentor learning a song after he told him that he didn't want to sing a children's song, because that would look stupid, no matter how much Teiji complained that his voice was like a siren so it didn't matter.

Atsushi thought that describing him as a siren was too much, it wasn't like he was good at singing (or so he thought).

The song (Hated by Life Itself) :

"Don't say that you wanna die"

"Live, Don't give up!"

It's foolish to think a song like that is right.

You are ok dying, but you'll be sad if people around you die.

"I don't like it" that's your ego. You don't care if others live or not

Hating somebody - It's just a trend to you

But you say "Let's all live in peace"

How wonderful you are.

Somebody died behind the screen

Somebody became sad and sang about it

Some boy got inspired by it