New Family

They held hands as they walked together in the bustling street.

Looking around, Atsushi thought that Yokohama was like any other plain towns if it wasn't for the Port Mafia, a criminal organisation, controlling the Yokohama ports and taking root in the town's politics and economy. As well as the Armed Detective Agency who worked for the government.

Well it wasn't his business since he wasn't part of any organisations, Atsushi was currently a innocent boy who knew nothing about this place and holding hands with a the 10 year old girl.

As they looked around, they came across a man that looked quite like a doctor and seemed to be looking for his missing daughter as he kept on asking the people if they had seen her.

"Rintaro" the girl said making the man take attention to her.

"Elise-Chan! Where were you?" he said looking all worried.

"I hid away to scare you" Elise smiled in what Atsushi thought looked really evil.

Are all young girls like that? It can't be.... Kyoka never did this to him at all, she was a well behaving girl. Elise also looked spoilt so he could guess that she lived in a rich household with her expensive dress which was part of the reason he followed her.

The man finally took his eyes off his daughter, his eyes landed towards him.

"That's Atsushi, I want him to be with me" Elise told the man.

She then looked towards Atsushi and introduced the man as Rintaro.

............................................

Mori had adopted Atsushi as his new son but none of the Port Mafia members knew since he wanted it to be a secret.

If Atsushi had thought that the outcome of following a small, innocent looking girl would be like this he would have never followed her, not that he was complaining.

He had never eaten such expensive meals or wore such extravagant clothes in his life up to now. Even if he had gotten a job in the Armed Detective Agency, he never really got that much money and Dazai had not helped at all in the matter.

He had to pay for all the things that Dazai had ordered since he would always run away without paying, he wasn't sure if he didn't have the money or he wanted to save up the money he had earnt to buy suicide materials. 

He shook his head so that he could stop thinking, the past was in the past and the things before won't probably happen again since he was in the Port Mafia now.

Elise stared at him as if to ask what the matter was and Atsushi just replied with a smile and shook his head gesturing that nothing was wrong.

They both continued to dig into the strawberry cake that Rintaro had bought for them.

Atsushi was forced into a dress by his older sister (Elise) because she insisted that he looked cute in it. 

The dress: