The Dream

He rang the doorbell and waited silently for someone to answer. 

After waiting a long time, he decided to leave since Chuuya could not be home and be on some mission he was tasked with.

The door opened with the ginger sticking his face out to check who it was, when he saw him,  Chuuya ushered him to come inside and shut the door.

The apartment that he lived in looked small on the outside but was big on the inside.

They walked towards the sofa and Atsushi sat and got comfortable.

"What are you doing here?" 

The other asked while staring at the girl or so he thought he was.

"I had nowhere else to go and you were the only option available"

Atsushi said that pitifully and stared up at the elder with sparkling eyes as if he was anticipating his answer.

How could he refuse such a cute child who had nowhere else to go? Chuuya had his heart weakened, he was never good against children.

He had no choice but to accept him and he agreed and felt like he was being guilt-tripped, which was true but he never accept it.

"Fine, you can stay if you want"

Atsushi's eyes widened and hugged the other,

"You're the best!!!"

"Only in times like this do you say that, you don't even pay attention to me on other days"

Chuuya muttered sadly and thought that the other didn't when he did.

He just decided to leave the pouting elder and scurried off to the room that he allowed him to stay in.

The apartment was impeccable and big so he got to have a spacious room to himself which Chuuya said was a guest room.

Does he even have guests??

After admiring and looking around, he set up the blankets to sleep. There was no bed, but he was fine with that since he didn't expect much in the first place. He just needed to find a place to rest.

He spent the night wondering how to explain that he wasn't planning to stay out for so long to Mori. Not like he cared that much but that man could be awfully scary sometimes but he would never tell him about that less he gets teased for it.

It was tiring to stay in the watchful eyes of that man whenever he wasn't on a mission so he was glad and grateful that he at least had some privacy.

Whatever he did, Elise and Mori would always watch him and it was not like he didn't like them but it got on his nerves sometimes. It was not like he was planning to escape from them since he had nowhere else to go.

Though, he missed the Armed Detective Agency and how lively it was back then. 

He drifted off to sleep after thinking about his past life even if he had sworn to never bring it up again.

..................................................

After waking up, Atsushi woke up to a place so familiar but not quite. It was not Chuuya's apartment room or the Port Mafia's but his old room.

The one he shared with Kyoka, the place he stayed in when he was still in the Armed Detective Agency.

He immediately got up in surprise and that said the girl was not in bed, he tidied everything up before dressing up and going outside.

Was the Port Mafia business all a dream, how foolish of him to dream of being on his enemy's side, the same one that tried to capture him?

Deep inside, he felt sad that he could not stay with his two chaotic friends as well as getting to know Dazai's supposed friends, Oda and Ango. 

They were like a family to him and he would be lying if he did not say that he loved them very much, part of him did not want to accept that it was just all a dream.

He walked on that bustling street and felt the burning sun on his face. It gave him a pleasant feeling of warmth.

He arrived at the building in which his workplace was, the ADA. Walking up the stairs he looked to see the same chaotic people laughing and smiling he couldn't help but have a tiny smile on his face.

They were all like normal, Ranpo eating all kinds of sweets in the corner, Kenji being the same cheery little boy, Kunikida working his butt off on his desk, Kyoka staring blankly off to space, Yosano preparing to decide on who to experiment on next, Dazai currently flipping the page of the suicide book while dumping his work on his desk as well as Junichiro and Naomi being the way they usually are.

After observing the scene, he went up to his desk to do his daily activities, nothing was unusual.