✧. * 017. The Black Swan ✧. *

T H E  B L A C K  S W A N

"Is this your way of saying to me, I'm sorry for acting like Ass and I would really like it if you'd join me to learn a helpful spell?"

FROM WHAT HAD HAPPENED on Christmas, Har​ry and Ron were both mad at Hermione and Aurora. Although, Aurora didn't care. What Hermione done, was right. But those two boys, lacked some brains cells.

Hermione re​mained con​vinced that she had act​ed for the best, start​ed avoid​ing the com​mon room. Harry and Ron sup​posed she had tak​en refuge in the li​brary, and didn't try and per​suade her to come back. They didn't even question Aurora when she started to hang out with her Slytherin friends more.

Lessons start​ed again the next day. The last thing any​one felt like do​ing was spend​ing two hours in the grounds on a raw, Jan​uary morn​ing, but Ha​grid had pro​vid​ed a bon​fire full of sala​man​ders for the joyment, and they spent an un​usu​al​ly good les​son col​lect​ing dry wood and leaves to keep the fire blazing, while the flame-​lov​ing lizards scam​pered up and down the crum​bling, white-​hot logs.

The first Div​ina​tion les​son of the new term was much less fun; Pro​fes​sor Trelawney was now teaching them palm​istry, and she lost no time in inform​ing Aurora and Har​ry that they had the shortest life-​lines she had ev​er seen.

It was De​fence Against the Dark Arts that Aurora was keen to get to; it was way more fun then her other classes. Professor Lupin has been her favourite teacher, by far. However, Aurora still hadn't have the nerve to confront him about him her godfather.

When they finished class, Hermione and Aurora were walking behind Ron and Harry, who were saying Lupin looked sicker then ever. Hermione tittered and quickly sat down at the feet of a suit of ar​mour, repack​ing her bag, which was so full of books it wouldn't close. Harry and Ron seemed to heard Hermione tutter making them both turned around and Ron immediately said with a irritated voice, "And what are you tut​ting at us for?"

"Noth​ing," Hermione said in a lofty voice, heav​ing her bag back over her shoul​der.

"Yes, you were," Ron said. "I said I won​der what's wrong with Lupin, and you –"

"-Well, isn't it ob​vi​ous?" Hermione said, with a look of mad​den​ing su​pe​ri​or​city. Aurora frowned. What did she mean about it, isn't it obvious? Was it obvious that Professor Lupin was always sick or was it obvious that Lupin was hiding a secret from them?

"If you don't want to tell us, don't," Ron snapped.

"Fine," Hermione said haugh​ti​ly, and she marched off.

"She doesn't know, does she?" Ron said to Aurora who shrugged her shoulders and said, "She might. But I don't think she wants to tell you. Maybe if you start being a bit nicer, she'll tell you, Ronnie."