✧. * 022. The Final Match ✧. *

T H E F I N A L M A T C H
"Har​ry felt he could have pro​duced the world's best Pa​tronus..."

ALL USUAL PURSUITS WERE aban​doned in the Gryffind​or com​mon room the night be​fore the match

ALL USUAL PURSUITS WERE aban​doned in the Gryffind​or com​mon room the night be​fore the match. Even Hermione had put down her books.

"I can't work, I can't con​cen​trate," she said nervously.

There was a great deal of noise. Fred and George Weasley were deal​ing with the pres​sure by be​ing loud​er and more ex​uber​ant than ev​er. Oliv​er Wood was crouched over a mod​el of a Quid​ditch pitch in the cor​ner, prod​ding lit​tle fig​ures across it with his wand and mut​ter​ing to him​self. An​geli​na, Ali​cia and Katie were laugh​ing at Fred and George's jokes.

Aurora was sit​ting with Ron, Harry, and Hermione. Aurora wasn't surprised at all that Hermione couldn't concentrate. The common room was so loud, even Aurora wanted to leave. Aurora looked over at Harry who looked like he could throw up at that current moment.

Aurora rested a hand on his shoulder and told him, "You're go​ing to be fine, Harry. Trust me. Your one the best Seekers I've ever seen."

Harry gave her a warm smile but didn't say anything. Aurora understood why.

"You've got a Fire​bolt!" Ron said. "You only have to worry about Atlas who also has a Firebolt..." Ron narrowed his eyes at Aurora who snapped her head to him.

"You still mad about that?" Aurora said in an irradiated voice.

"Of course I am! You-"

"-Oh for goodness sake! Stop fighting about that stupid Firebolt!" Hermione snapped at the two. "It's honestly ridiculous. Now if you will excuse me, I'm going to bed."

Hermione picked up her stuff without letting anyone speak and headed to the girl's dormitories. Aurora turned her head back to Ron and hit his hand. "Your fault."

"No, it wasn't!" Ron argued back, taking his hand far away from Aurora. "It was yours."

"Nah-ah!"

"Ya-ha!"

Harry then burst into laughter, catching Aurora and Ron by surprise. The two looked at Harry and then at each other. As soon as they made eye contact, the two burst into laughter. All three of them laughed, all not really knowing the reason. It was a moment Aurora would cherish. Having moments where they were just normal teenagers laughing about stupid things. Aurora would want to enjoy moments like these because sooner than later, the laughter would be gone.

***

When Aurora went up stairs and into her dormitory, Hermione was surprisingly still up, reading a muggle  book. Aurora smiled at her best friend, that she wasn't reading a school book.

The rest of the girls were asleep or weren't in the dormitory. Hermione lifted her head when Aurora walked in and smiled a little. Hermione then gestured for her to come over to her bed. She wanted to talk about something.