✧. *031. Family Reunion ✧. *

F A M I L Y R E U N I O N
"Technically not goodbye. More like see you later. I don't like goodbyes."

AURORA STILL HADN'T gotten over the fact of seeing her mother for the first time

AURORA STILL HADN'T gotten over the fact of seeing her mother for the first time. It was so strange to see her. She looked so happy...

Within the last two weeks of being at home, Aurora owled many people. Hermione sent her daily letters, Ron every so often, Harry and Aurora would meet up with each other to talk, Remus had sent a few letters and her father only once sent her a letter, updating her on how he was going.

Her adoptive parents took her out a lot as well. When they weren't working, they all went to places together. Aurora brought Harry with her a few times to the beach and other tourist spots — as Harry had never once experienced that.

Currently, it was late afternoon. Tonight family friends were visiting them, so a massive dinner was going to be made. Meaning she could finally dress up. Aurora wore a yellow floral dress, that had a pink flower pattern on it as well. She decided to leave her hair wavy and have no make-up on.

Once she finished getting ready, she went downstairs and helped her adoptive mother cook dinner. Mrs. Wright did not indicate who these people were. Aurora just guessed it was people she met when she was younger.

She helped cut up carrots, potatoes, and other veggies. They were making a roast chicken. She loved it when she had meals like this - it reminded her of Hogwarts. Once they had gotten everything in the oven, Mrs. Wright and Aurora sat down at their dining table. Mrs. Wright had begun to ask more about her year at Hogwarts - the subject side of things this time. Aurora told her how she hated Divination and next term was going to be in Ancient Runes with her brother. Aurora then began to tell Mrs. Wright about her and Ron's friendship through the third year.

"I don't know why he was acting like that. Like I know Ron has little fights with us - which are stupid ones, but this year the fights got too far." Aurora said sighing. Mrs. Wright poured herself a glass of wine.

"Boys will be boys." Mrs. Wright said, taking a sip from her glass of wine. "He would have had his reasons to be so...moody."

Aurora snorted. "Probably..."

"You two are on good terms now, right?" Mrs. Wright asked.

"Yes - I think we are. I hope we are." Aurora hesitated. She did feel sorry for Ron. He had thought she was going to give it to him but when she gave it to her brother...betrayal? No - too dramatic, but along those lines. A lair? Most likely.

"Well, as long as you two don't break that trust between each other, you guys will always come back better friends than before." Mrs. Wright consoled. Aurora smiled at her moth- adoptive mother. She did not continue with this conversation.

Half an hour passed, and suddenly the doorbell rang. "I'll get it," Aurora said, hopping up and making her way to the door.

Aurora mentally prepared herself for what was to come. She was expecting sentences like, 'I remember you when you were a baby' and 'Look how old you have gotten!'