Chapter Twenty

Emily's Pov

It's been two weeks I saw Adonis and Aiden in the house but Austin is always current.

"Hey girl is that rose still disturbing you?" Celine asked over the phone.

Rose has become a demon hunting my life,she had threatened to kill me if she smell me near her boyfriend and talking of which_ the boyfriend is trying to get close to me but rose is making everything complicated so I'm keeping my distance!

"Yep but I'm good,can we meet at Bacchus? I want to chill small."

"Of course! See you soon." I hummed and hang up.

Rolling out of bed I stretch my body desperately before walking to the kitchen only to meet my mother. This is her first time visiting me since the wedding.

"Emily my dear_" I just stare blankly at her.

"What are you doing here?" My effrontery greeting

"Well I came to talk to you about something important. It's about the baby clause_"

I knew it..she came all the way just for her own benefit.

"I'm not interested." I snap

"Emily I don't care about your interest, it's something you do as a wife! You better stop sleeping and learn to be a mother to your kids_"

"I'm not doing anything mum, I'm tired of this marriage! I Know it's my responsibility to fix it but I'm forced into this. Austin doesn't love me!" I yelled but my mother sat there shaking her head in disapproval

"He will love you one day,just think about it."

She can never understand anything, she's one self centered woman.. she doesn't care_she is greedy. My dad will never force me to do anything,he always care about my feelings and fear. My happiness is his priority but now I don't have such person in my life anymore.

I'm so alone and I feel empty.. I miss my dad so much.

"Mum please don't force again_" I begged as I palm my face and cry. All I want is freedom.

"I WILL! I AM YOUR MOTHER!" She scowled. I just laugh sarcastically at myself.. this is my life for Christ sake!

"You're my mother but you force me to do things for your own BENEFIT!?" I shouted.. more tears grace my face. "You,you are selfish! You don't care how I feel ! You don't know I'm going throu_"

"I DON'T CARE! AS LONG AS I REMAIN YOUR MOTHER YOU WILL DO WHAT I WANT!! you this ungrateful bitch." She whisper the last part,she was shaking as the alchemy of anger possess her.

I feel hurt when I saw Austin at the corner smile devilishly.. okay.

"This is because I'm alive_ If I die,you won't be able to mother me anymore." 

With my little terrifying speech,I storm into the kitchen and grab a knife...I'm sorry but I'm fed up, maybe this will make her change her selfish mind.

"Put that away_" Austin ordered but he doesn't have any right! I will give him space with his rose!

"Emily you won't dare!" Mum yell again hoping her daughter will listen. My hot tears flow as I press the knife to my neck.

"Mum you know me..this is not how I planned my life! I had someone I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I don't want to be in this marriage!" I cried but this woman just smile

"Okay put that away and we'll talk about it"

Liar! She doesn't seem to believe so I press the knife harder for a little reminder.

Her eyes double in size when she saw blood streaming down my chest. The adrenaline is too much that I feel no pain...I gave mum one daring look.

"Emily are you insane?!" Austin bellowed trying to near me but rose showed up just in time and pull him from me.

"She can stab you!" Yea I could but I wouldn't.. Austin make a brief call and left. Mum start shedding crocodile tears,I've done this before in college when she wanted to divorce dad. I slit my wrist then but gracefully Cassie found me on time if not, I'd be dead.

"Don't do this Emily, please." I don't want apologies,just call the contract off!

"I'm tired of marrying Austin!" I gave a hint but she slow witted.

"She's driving me nuts!" Austin's voice came alive and I saw behind him Aiden and Adonis.

Aiden's jaw drop at first but he quickly hold mum's shoulder and tell everyone to leave expect Adonis. Did they just ruin my plan? He stood there looking like the gentleman he is.

"What's the meaning of this eri?" My tears form again and every seconds they fall like the start of the rain.

"What are you doing here?" I asked

"Really? Eri you know that I'm keeping my distance so you can be free_"

"I didn't ask to be free from you!"  Damnit..is that what I'm suppose to say? I can't keep shut now. "You left me with no goodbye and now you're here to safe who? Just go away! I hate you so much Adonis I hate YOU! You don't care about me anymore so just stay away from me and ignore everything that's trying to bring you back to me!" I yammered.

He couldn't say anything,he shouldn't because he will say the words that I'd love to hear. His eyes close and he bite his lower lip

"Put that away,I'm warning you_". Is that a threat? He can't order me too!

"Don't talk to me, stay a_"  my eyes are too clouded to see him appear in front of me and kiss me...for a minute I forgot my suicide plan and kiss him back,his hand steal the knife from my grip and there_ game over! He pull away.

"Eri I won't be happy if you hurt yourself again, don't ever repeat this nonsensical act...I'm warning you." He said in a hush voice kissing my head

"Can't you stay away from me?" I find myself hugging him.

"I understand vixen_" he step back and I think the adrenaline has wear off because I'm feeling a hellish pain. I hiss at the cut,did I really cut this deep? Oh my

"You're in pain_"

"You care?" I scoff

"What makes you think I don't care? Your brother wants to meet with you today_"

"Seriously!" I jump forgetting my pain.

"Like I said Adonis is a man of many talents!" Aiden bragged savoring the moment

"Talented in talking into my wife not to commit suicide??" I roll my eyes at that.

_______

I went to the hospital and as always,Alex scold me and preach saying it it bad to threaten my mother the way I did. I promised never to repeat it but if it's called for, then I can risk it again.

So now I'm with Celine, she's planning to visit rose at the hospital where she work but I don't want to..I've done enough already. Even told her about my brother and she's daydreaming about him already,tsk tsk,my brother will not be safe around this girl.

"Bee?" Someone called. I look up at the guy standing beside out table..he look familiar,a younger version of my dad. Is he Andrew? Adonis said he'd call,is this him?

"I'm Andrew_"

"Brother!" I jump into his arms and he catch me laughing. He caress my hair as we sat back,I'm so interested in his eyes now.. he's so cute like dad.

"How did you know I'd be here?"

"I've tailing you sweetheart,is tolufunmi around?" Huh?

"Tofunmi?" He chuckle with a nod. "She resume back to school at Abuja.."

"Am I the third wheel here?" Celine interrupted checking out my brother.

"Sorry,we didn't mean to ignore you." He apologize and flicker his eyes back to me...We have lots of catch up to do!