Chapter Twenty - five

Emily's Pov

After tobi' funeral, tofunmi travelled back to school even though we begged her to stay for awhile.

Austin told me to go to work because he's taking the day off to be with rose, everything is just happening like lie. Going to work isn't a big deal but it seems I'm feeling sick and Austin do not want to listen to that particular excuse.

After dressing up, I walk to the living room to see Austin scanning me intensively but it did nothing to me. Ever since he's back with rose,we don't talk like we use to...I'm always the third wheel in the building.

"Make sure you be of your best behavior at work." He advised but I was adamant to his stupid advice and walk out on him.

Because I'm sick doesn't mean I can't take pictures, right?

Cynthia and Thompson cheered me as I pose and after many shoots I drove to work.

I'm finally working again,last time I was here with Austin,he held me as though his life depend on it. We'd walk the entire building together and everytime he talk about us in public,the paparazzi copy every word every inch but now they've disappeared into the nights.

I sashay into the building and wonderfully, Ryan almost bump into me as usual_ I wonder why he always run like super man.

" Mistress I'm sorry!" He held my shoulder

"What's wrong?" He's sweating and breathing like someone who's being chased by a ghost.

"Young master gave me an assignment and he instructed me not to use the elevator so I'm doing it." He smile licking his lips

"Okay_ just be careful." I said walking past him to the elevator.

I twist the knob and walk in gently with a simper on my face to greet the person behind the large mahogany desk but the smile disappear when my eyes met with Adonis's... He was so busy checking me out.

"Good morning." I whisper looking away but the only thing he did was glance at his watch and back to me.

"What is it by your time?" He questioned sounding all bossy and churlish.. I double tap my phone and the Time pop out bigger than normal

12:18pm?

I couldn't say a thing as I stare at my phone, maybe it's incorrect because_ I don't understand.

"I'm sure your husband told you he will be away for a week so there are some paperwork you will work on. They are very important,you don't need to worry I'll be checking on you so you won't mess up."

He push some documents to me, they were like mountain but he was busy giving me rules of dos and don'ts.

"But adon_"

"I will need them tomorrow,need to go through them to see any loophole_"

"Loophole?" I ask not understanding why he's talking like that. Has he forgotten I use to work too?

"Like I said I want those files on my table tomorrow morning_"

"Tomorrow?" I repeated with a frown

"Yes,so now get to work." He stare at me like forever before gesturing to the files...

He have the look of 'no funny business here' that scares me.

After awhile of observing him,I drop my bag and carry them from his table. I feel his eyes on me as I walk to my table which is at the corner of the room... ignoring his annoying glare I begin to go through them.

________________

"Emily?" He called without looking back at me,he was standing by the glass window...