Rumor - Chapter 4

No ones POV:

The bell for second period finally rang, students in the halls now hurrying to get to their class. Three including Ross, Roy, and Robert. They were hanging in front of the vending machine at the cafeteria just chatting and losing track of the time. Though this was the usual for them, it was like a routine. Meet at the vending machine when class ends, talk during passing time, start walking to class a minute or two after the bell rings, and make a bullshit excuse for being late. Usually they get away with it but with certain teachers they have to think long and good for the excuse they’ll use because these teachers will go out of their way to prove them wrong and write them up for a detention. 

The three began walking to Roy’s class, since his is the closest to the vending machine. After Ross and Robert see Roy off they begin to walk to their class, chemistry. This is one of the only two classes they have together, the other being math which Roy is also in. As the two got more close to the science room they started to prepare today’s daily excuse.

“I could say that I took you to the nurse?” Robert suggests.

“Didn’t we use that excuse yesterday?” Ross questions.

“Oh right, uhh..” 

Ross sighs. “I think we’re just gonna have to go with the old bathroom excuse.” he says.

Robert agrees with a sigh and they both continue walking to class. 

Ross’ POV:

We finally reach our chemistry class, and it was locked as usual. I reach my hand out to knock but Robert grabs it to stop me. I look up at him in confusion.

“I think I got a better excuse, we could say we were at counseling.” he suggests.

I think about it for a minute, that is a good excuse. I was about to agree with him until we both felt a hand grab our shoulders, making us jump. We both reluctantly look up and were met with the eyes of our chemistry teacher, Mr. Shabs.

“That would be a good excuse, wouldn’t it?” he asks.

We both start to ramble a bunch of nonsense.

“Well Mr. Shabs, you see- um- we..” I stutter.

“We were-!” 

“Get inside.” Mr. Shabs says sternly, cutting Robert off and opening the door.

Me and Robert quickly walk inside to our seats. Mr. Shabs walks to the front of the class while staring us down.

“I’m back from the bathroom,” Mr. Shabs says, still staring at me and Robert. “Now for class today, we’re going to do that lab we’ve been preparing for. Everyone pick a partner and grab a pair of goggles, I'll pass out baskets of the stuff you'll need."

Me and Robert immediately turn to each other.

"I'll grab the goggles!" Robert says with his usual big smile.

I give him a thumbs up and he proceeds to grab the goggles. There was a crowd of students huddled around the goggle cabinet so he had to wait his turn. 

As we both waited for some reason I ended up subtly looking at Robert. Maybe cause I'm bored or something. I admired the way his fluffy blonde hair bounces every time he takes a step, his eyes, and the mole between his right eye and mouth. …Why am I thinking of him like this? Wasn’t I thinking about him yesterday too? God, I need to stop doing this.

I noticed Robert turn his attention to me so I quickly look away. Crap, did he notice? I don't think he did… I hope.

Robert finally reaches the goggle cabinet and grabs two pairs along with some disinfectant wipes. He walks back to his seat and hands me my goggles with a wipe. As we wiped our goggles down Mr. Shabs handed us a packet along with a basket that had tools, powders, and liquids inside. He walks back to the front of the classroom and says the steps are in the packet and for us to begin.