Diner - Chapter 31

Robert POV:

"Y'know, we're already out here, we should just ditch."

"No Roy!"

"Ugh come on!"

Ross and Roy kept arguing about whether we should ditch or not, I don't really care if we do or not which is why I'm not saying anything. Watching them argue is kind of funny though, they're both freezing cold so their voices sound funny and have their hands crossed against their bodies. I do kind of feel bad though.

"Guys, you wanna—" I started, but they interrupted with their bickering.

"G-go rot!" Ross snapped.

"No, you go r-rot!" Roy shot back.

"Guys—" I tried again, but they continued.

"Oh, f-f-fuck you!"

"F-fuck you!"

"GUYS!" I finally shouted, causing them to jolt their heads towards me. "Wanna share my coat and gloves?" I asked, taking both my gloves off and holding them out for them to take.

After a bit of hesitation from them, they both looked at each other before sighing and taking a glove. I unzipped my coat, allowing Roy to squeeze in on my left and Ross on my right, he held my hand when he was fully in which made me chuckle.

"Th-thanks." they both stuttered.

I smiled at the both of them and we continued to make our way to the dollar store.

After about ten minutes we arrived, Ross and Roy both shimmying their way out from my coat and walking inside the store. I picked out my usual Nesquik Chocolate Milk and also took a bag of Sour Cream and Onion Chips while Ross took a Dr. Pepper. Roy took a Cherry Pepsi, a bag of Barbeque Chips, and one of those cheap Honeybuns. We brought our things up to the cash register and Roy insisted on paying for all of us which was cool. Roy and Ross both made their way back into my coat before we left and started making our way back to school while eating our snacks.

"Hey, doesn't that car look familiar?" Roy suddenly asked, pointing to a car in the distance.

I turned to where he was pointing to and squinted my eyes, when I realized whose car that was my stomach turned.

"Shit, that's my Uncle's car!" I exclaimed, all of us booking it off the sidewalk and behind a house.

"We'll have to walk off the sidewalk so he doesn't catch us." I said, Ross and Roy both nodding in agreement.

We quickly continued our walk back to school, making sure to stay off the sidewalk. Except when we got behind a certain house the owner happened to be outside and saw us.

"Hey! What are you kids doing?! Get off my property!" she yelled.

"We're not on your property old lady!" Roy yelled back, making Ross stomp his foot.

"Sorry ma'am, we're leaving now!" I shouted to her.

"Shouldn't you kids be in school?! I'm calling the police!"

"No, don't do that! Uh, there's no school today!"

"You're lying! I'm calling them now!"

"No—!"

"No need for that, ma'am."

Suddenly, I felt a pair of hands grab my shoulders. Sure enough, when I looked up to see who it was, it was Uncle John.

"Sheriff! Oh thank you so much." the lady said before walking back into her home.

Uncle John escorted us to his car, his partner Jack was in the front seat. After we all settled into the car John turned to look at us in the backseat.