Cooking - Chapter 25

Robert's POV:

Me and Ross finally decided we'd have come up with enough ideas to last us the whole day and made a list on my phone. It was kinda funny reading over it because half of it was normal stuff you'd do on a regular day and then the other half was stuff couples would do. Once we finished reading it over we got up from the bed and started to think about what we'd do first. It actually didn't take that much to think about it because once we finished the list I already had a plan.

"Let's go cook first!" I suggest excitedly.

Before Ross could answer I grabbed his hand and practically dragged him downstairs to the kitchen. I took off my hat, threw it to the side, and put my hair into a quick sloppily done ponytail using a loose scrunchie that's always in my pocket for some reason. I turned to look at Ross, who was looking through the cabinets and fridge for ideas on what to cook.

"What do we have?" I ask as I walk behind him to see what he's looking at.

"Well, there's pasta and rice in here, defrosted beef and chicken in the fridge, lots of veggies, and uh.. cheese." he answers.

I think for a minute of what we could make with those things. A few things come to mind. "What kind of pasta and cheese?" I ask again.

Ross looks back in the cabinet. "For pasta we have penne, spaghetti, lasagna, and rigatoni," he turns around to open the fridge. "And for cheese there's mozzarella, parmesan, american, and ricotta." he answers.

I let out a low "nice" to myself before pulling out everything we'd need to cook. Ross watched and as soon as he saw me pull out a certain pasta box he knew what we were cooking.

"Lasagna?" he asks to confirm.

"Yep! Can you take the beef, ricotta, parmesan, and mozzarella out of the fridge please? Oh, and if there's parsley that too!" I answer as I continue taking ingredients out of the cabinet.

He nods his head in response and pulls everything I asked for out the fridge. I finished taking out everything we'd need from the cabinets and looked around for any pots or pans.

Ross noticed and chuckled to himself before opening the oven and revealing a whole stack of unorganized pots, pans, and trays. I stared at it then looked at Ross with a confused expression.

"Why-"

"Don't ask. I'll help take everything out." Ross cuts me off.

We start taking everything out of the oven and separating what we were going to use from the stuff we weren't. We put a pan and a pot on the stove and took a spatula from one of the utensil drawers. We're finally ready to cook.

"Let's wash our hands first." Ross insists.

I nod in agreement and turn to the kitchen sink to wash my hands. Ross does the same and we used a rag hanging from the oven to dry. We looked at all the ingredients and supplies we took out, trying to figure out what we should start with.

"Do you know what you're doing?" Ross asks with a laugh when he sees me take onion powder and get ready to sprinkle some in a pot.

I laugh back. "Of course I-!"

I gasp in shock as I watch a whole landslide of onion powder pour into the pot. I quickly close the container and set it to the side with a stunned expression on my face. Ross immediately bursts out in laughter and grabs the onion powder.

"There's two openings, one with dots that lets the powder sprinkle out, and one with no dots that lets the powder shoot out like it did just now," he explains. He grabs the pot and pours the powder inside the pot back into the container and I watch embarrassedly. "And I don't know what you were trying to season but pans are usually what you'd use to cook beef, not a pot. That's for the pasta."