Styling His Hair - Chapter 8

Robert's POV:

I yawn and sit up in Ross' bed as I wake up from a long peaceful sleep. I really needed that, I don't know when the last time I was able to sleep worry free was.

I pull my phone out from under my pillow to check the time. Ten o three (10:03), wow. Even though ten sounds kinda early, for me it isn't. When I was home on day offs from school or weekends I would wake up at eight just to sneak out the window. It feels nice to sleep in a little, even if it is only two hours extra from when I usually get up.

I look over at Ross to see that he's still sleeping. He usually gets up around this time but I don't think he slept well last night. I woke up in the middle of the night because I heard him gasp and sit up on the bed. And then like a minute or two after that he sat in front of me and started to play with my hair and hold my hand. I didn't mind it at first but he was holding on to it for a while. I should've gotten up and asked if something was wrong but something just kept me laying there. Holding hands with him feels different. And not in a bad way. It's kinda nice.

But maybe Ross just needed a moment and held my hand for comfort. I held his hand when I spoke to Jaune for comfort and support so Ross could've done the same.

My thoughts are cut off when I hear blankets rustling. I look over at Ross and see that he's now awake. He looks back at me and sleepily waves.

"Good Morning!" I happily say to him as I crawl to sit next to him.

He sits up and stretches his arms. "Morning," he says back with a tired tone. "How'd you sleep?"

"Good! This is the first time I've been able to sleep so peacefully in a while." I answer.

He smiles then gets up from the bed and picks up his hat from the floor.

"Ross you better not put that back on. Go wash it." I lecture to him.

He spins around fast and looks at me with a smirk. Then he holds the hat over his head and slowly places it on his head.

"Uh oh, must've slipped on." he jokes.

I laugh at him and get up from the bed to snatch it off him. He tries to grab it back but I hold it over my head and since I'm taller he was having a hard time. I quickly run downstairs and see the washing machine in the kitchen so I throw the hat inside. Ross catches up to me and frowns when he sees his hat in the machine.

"Dude, come on." he pouts.

"No stinker. Just wash it then put it back on." I say to him.

He sighs but walks to the machine and starts it.

"Thank you." I say teasingly to him.

He ignores me and makes his way to the bathroom to brush his teeth. As he's walking Jaune comes out of her room and walks to the kitchen.

"Morning guys!" she says to us.

"Morning!"

"Morning." Ross walks into the bathroom and shuts the door behind him.

Jaune starts going through all the cabinets and fridge, pulling out pots, pans, and ingredients.

"I'm going to make a feast for breakfast!" she says excitedly. "And after that I was thinking I could take you to the store to buy some things you'll need for here. How's that sound?"

"Great, thank you Miss. Jaune!" I answer as I walk to the living room to wait for Ross to come out the bathroom.

About five minutes later he comes out and I walk in after he leaves. I brush my teeth and wash my face then come back out after like seven minutes. Ross was sitting on the couch while scrolling through his phone. I sit down next to him.