Chapter 8

Bellamy's P.O.V

"Hey O, can we talk in private?" I ask Octavia when I walk over to her and Clarke. "Uh yeah. Clarke is it okay if I talk to him real quick." Octavia says. "Yeah go ahead I have to go see Raven anyway." Clarke tells Octavia.

We deep into the woods so we can talk. "I'm thinking of asking Clarke to marry me." I just come out and say it. "Wait are you serious that's great!" Octavia says and hugs me. "I kept mom's ring and I want to give it to Clarke." I say. "You have to do it. Like soon I'm serious Bell if you love Clarke that much then you should ask her to marry you." She says.

"Thanks O for always being here for me and not judging me." I say. "Well your my big brother so I look up to you and I mostly always respect your decisions." She says.

We walk back to camp and I think I'm going to ask Clarke tonight alone by the water at sunset. It will be totally romantic and I feel like she will totally love the ring. It's a beautiful silver band with small diamonds encrusted all around it.

I go into the drop ship so I can talk to Monty about the moonshine. "Hey Monty is the moonshine gonna be ready by the party?" I ask as I climb up the ladder. "Yeah it should be ready by then." He says. "So what are you working on now?" I ask. "Um I'm trying to send a radio message via morse code to the ark." He says. "Okay I'll let you get back to work." I say and leave the drop ship.

Clarke's P.O.V

After I went to see Raven I took a nap and I just woke up and I feel great. I feel like today is going to be a great day. I have work to be done in my tent and then I will go help with the work for the wall and Raven's gunpowder.

I have to work on coming up with a design for the wall. I know that the wall is pretty much done but itcould use some improvement. Raven is getting stronger everyday and I'm so proud of her. I think Bellamy might need help with his wall design.

I find Bellamy coming out of the drop ship. "Hey Bell did you talk to Monty about the moonshine?" I ask him and he says. "Yeah he said it should be done by the party."

"That's great. Do you need any help with your design for the wall?" I ask. "Sure I would like that. We can go to my tent and talk about it." He says and grabs my hand and we start walking. We get to his tent and we sit at his work table. "This is all I have right now." He shows me his design and he has a lot of great additives for the wall.

"These look great. I think your designs will work really well with our wall system." I say. "Thanks Clarke. I really thought you would like them and I can see that what I thought was right." He says.

Bellamy's P.O.V

It's starting to get darker. It's almost time to bring Clarke down to the water.

"Hey Clarke do you want to take a walk with me down to the water?" I ask.

"Sure I bet the sunset is beautiful by the water." She answers.

We start walking to the water. We held hands the whole time and it's always nice to walk with Clarke. The sun is just starting to set when we get down to the water.

"The sunset is beautiful here." Clarke says looking up at the sun.

"Yeah I know that's why I wanted to bring you down here. Sometimes I like to come down here and just watch the sunset." I say.

"Looks like someone has a soft side." She says laughing.

"Oh cut it out. I'm not as bad a guy as everyone thinks that I am." I say embarrassed.

"I know, I know you're an amazing guy." She says.

This is my chance I have to do it now. I have to ask Clarke's hand in marriage.

"Thanks Clarke. The real reason I brought you here was to do this..."

Clarke's P.O.V

Oh my goodness is he really doing this or am I dreaming.

"Clarke Griffin will you do me the honor of marrying me?" Bellamy asks after he gets down on one knee.

"Yes of course I will do you the honor of marrying you." I say with tears streaming down both of my cheeks.

He puts the ring on my finger and he gets up and hugs me tightly.

"Bellamy it's so beautiful. I love you so so much babe." I say.

"I love you too princess." He says and kisses my forehead.

Bellamy's P.O.V

She said yes!!!! I'm freaking out in my head right now. I love Clarke so much and now she is going to be my wife.

"We can get married right here with just our friends. We can have Jasper, Octavia, Raven, Finn and Monty at the wedding. It doesn't have to be a huge wedding I just want you to be mine forever. " I say.

"Okay we can do it sometime next month when the weather is a little warmer." She replies.

"That sounds great." I say.

"Okay come on, let's walk back to camp now so we can tell our friends." Clarke says.

We walk back to camp holding hands like we did on the way to the water. Everyone got really quiet when we got back. Like quieter than they normally are when we're together.

Clarke's P.O.V

"Why is everyone so quiet." I yell to the camp.

Octavia comes over to us and says "Um I kind of told them you are together."

"Octavia you did what?" Bellamy yells at Octavia.

"They have the right to know their leaders are together so they respect you as a couple." She says.

"Whatever I'm still mad at you O. We could have done it ourselves. We have the right to do it ourselves. I don't need my little sister doing it for me." Bellamy says to Octavia.

"Yeah we are together so if you have a problem with that get over it. We are happy and we don't care what you guys think." I yell back to the camp.

Bellamy's P.O.V

Wow I didn't think she would say that. I didn't know she had that in her. She was the one who didn't really want everyone knowing.

"Now everybody get back to work" I yell at the camp.

Everyone listened and started working immediately. Clarke went to go work on her designs and I walk over to talk to Jasper.

"Hey Jasper." I say as I walk up to him.

"Hey Bellamy what's up?" he asks.

"Um I wanted to talk to you about Octavia. Do you love her? I ask.

"Yeah I actually do love her Bellamy. I really do." He says. "But I don't know if she really loves me back."

"I think she does. You just have to talk to her. Tell her how much you actually love her." I tell him.

"Okay I will. Do you know where she is?" He asks.

"Uh yeah she's probably in her tent." I say.

"Thanks Bellamy." He says and walks away to find Octavia.

Jasper's P.O.V

I find Octavia in her tent drawing a picture of a tree. A quite beautiful tree to be exact.

"Hey O" I say and she looks up to me and smiles.

"Hey Jasper what's up?" She asks.

"Octavia I love you." I just burst out saying it.

"I love you too Jasper." She says

"Well what do you say we get out of here?" I ask.

"That would be great." She says.