Waiting

The professor had been talking for minutes now. He kept going back and forth trying to explain the map in front of him. I regret having chosen geography. I should have known it was not for me. I kept looking at the clock, waiting for the class to be dismissed.
I diverted my gaze to Jisung, who kept taking notes. If it were any other day, I would do the same. But Huang Renjun has taken over every bit of my mind. I still have not figured out why he wants to do this. And why me, of all people?

I heard the school bell ring, which jolted me out of my thoughts. School time was finally over, I got up from my chair and started to gather my things.

"What's going on between you and Renjun?" jisung asked and I froze for a moment
I looked up at him and he frowned.
"How do you know about that?" I blurted out

It could not be. He should not have seen me in the hallway. This is so embarrassing.

"He's waiting for you outside," he said, pointing to the door of the class. I looked at him and he was having a conversation with two girls from my class

I sighed in relief and turned my gaze from Renjun to Jisung

"I'll explain it to you, but please keep this between us for now," I begged him, telling Anna about my fake relationship would be the last thing I wanted.
She would kill me if told her that I was convinced of something like that.

Jisung nodded in response and I made my way to Renjun. By the time I walked up to him, the two girls had already left.
He smiled gently at me as he took my hand. I was about to resist, but maybe I should not.

"You sure kept me waiting," he complained

"I did not ask you to wait?" I looked at him, frowning.

"Do you think I would let my girlfriend go alone?" he smiled and I walked past him. I could not go on like this.

 I could not go on like this