Ice Cream

The sun stared down at us intensely. It was hot - too hot. I could feel myself sweating. At this point, all I wanted to do was jump into a cold shower. The walk home seemed longer than usual. That was either because of the weather or because of him, who walked silently beside me. We walked in step without exchanging a word with each other.
I felt him stop in his tracks as we passed an ice cream parlor. I turned around and he pointed to the ice cream parlor.
"What?" I half laughed
He grabbed my hand and pulled me inside.
We sat down in the corner as a little boy approached us and asked for our order. He took our order and assured us that we would get it soon.
I looked at my wristwatch and it was already 3:27. I could not believe it. Normally, I should be home and taking a nap by this time.

I looked up at Renjun, who was aimlessly scrolling on his phone. His hair was styled perfectly in the corner. He had taken off his jacket, which now lay beside him. He had a listless expression on his face. His eyes shone as the sunlight hit them. It made his caramel-colored eyes even more magnificent.

"Is something wrong?" he asked, leaning on the table. I blinked and looked away.

I felt myself blush as I heard him chuckle.

"I thought you were going to ask me a lot of questions about all this," he gestured between the two of us
"But you seem pretty cool about it."