ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟼

⚠️Warning: LOTS of Cussing! ⚠️

Date: October 23, XXXX
Time: 4:48 p.m.
Location: Abandoned Apartments (Eastern Tokyo)

The sound of a wooden door making impact with the adjacent wall and cracking falls on deaf ears as they run. The room is searched and left, then another door is thrown into the flimsy drywall, creating a hole where the doorknob knocked it in. They run out again, in and out with each empty room that's checked and promptly left behind like a child's broken toy.

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

Every goddamn room is empty.

Every.

Last.

One.

Coming up on the last hallway left unchecked, the blond breaks four more doors before his rage empties into a sudden feeling of nothingness. As if all of his emotions were drained from his body like an untreated wound left to bleed out. The lead the heroes received wasn't a good one, but it was a lead nonetheless and it was all he had to hold on to. Now though, every room in the abandoned building has been searched by the team and thoroughly scavenged for clues. But, all of their efforts came up empty.

Goddamnit.

Turning to the nearest wall with a piercing glare, Bakugo throws his fist in a wide arc, punching the surface and leaving a hole the size of his fist in the drywall. He knows it's not the stupid damn wall's fault that you're missing, that you haven't come home to him in a month now. It's not the fucking wall's fault that the other half of his bed is cold and empty. And deep down he knows, it's no one's fault but the person who took you's for why you disappeared in the first place.

But, he's still pissed.

Pissed at everything.

School.

Training.

His friends who make him take care of himself.

The Hero President.

The entire goddamn city.

The world.

Everyone.

Everything.

Himself.

And especially, you.

You and your fucking perfect smile that he can't fucking live without. Your adorable fucking face that gets covered in goddamn drool every time you fucking sleep. And, the way you get so fucking excited every damn time he cooks something for your needy ass. You just had to get kidnapped like a fucking, reckless idiot.

Of-fucking-course.

Not to mention your stupid fucking promises of always coming back. Because look how that turned out!

The damn promise ring on his finger feels like a cruel joke, the world's way of messing with him and messing up his entire fucking life. The cold, metal band is nothing but a reminder of unkept promises and lonely nights.

That's not to say that you won't still come back, because you will. Bakugo already promised himself he would make fucking sure of that. But, going a whole month without your needy ass tackling him and forcing him to lay down to watch your dumb favorite shows together is too much.

A.

Whole.

Fucking.

Month.