ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟷𝟷

Date: October 28, XXXX
Time: 6:46 p.m.
Location: Bakugo Household

The thin, rough ended slip of metal in his scarred hand slides perfectly into the lock, twisting with a 'click'  as the door unlatches. The lights that had been visible through the tall windows now glare directly into his red eyes. It isn't quite nighttime yet in Musutafu, but with each passing week the dark blanket of night has begun creeping in earlier and earlier and has stretched further into the morning hours as if it's a monster swallowing the sunlight and digging its claws into the ground to avoid letting the light return.

But, it always does.

Somehow.

With a sigh, the blond male slips off his worn sneakers and adorns a pair of red house slippers instead. The sound of a knife beating against the wooden surface of a cutting board comes from the open kitchen as Bakugo enters the main living space. More noises begin to fill his ears as he strides further into familiar territory, grease heating up in the skillet, the hum of the oven, a splash of water from the faucet as his mother washes off her hands and switches tasks. Mitsuki glances up from where she begins adding chicken thighs to the heated skillet and smiles at her son who only looks back tiredly.

Her eyes drift back to the skillet as it sizzles and pops. "How are you, Katsuki? Anything new going on at UA?" The woman questions him without so much as another glance in his direction, dedicating her attention to the food in front of her.

Briefly, Bakugo only stares at her back, watching as she moves around the kitchen fluidly like she always has. For as long as he can remember, his mother has been an amazing cook and was the one who taught him everything he knows about moving around the kitchen. Not that he'd ever say any of that to her smug face. Though, the scene brings him back to the time he went over to his girlfriend's apartment before they were even dating and he watched her try to cook boxed mac and cheese. She burnt it, burnt herself, almost set the small kitchen on fire, and had to throw away the pan she was using cause she ruined it.

The badass woman who defeated villains every day and could fight better than anybody else, was 100% helpless the moment she stepped into any kind of kitchen. Her fighting style was like an intricate dance that only she knew, and as soon as you would think you've figured it out, she had won. Usually by smashing your face between her thighs and pinning you beneath her. Bakugo can say that much from his own experiences fighting her. So, it was always amusing to him that she couldn't figure out that you make mac and cheese with a pot and not a pan.

Blinking himself back to the present, Bakugo grunts out a quiet, "Everything's fine," in response to his mother's questions and ends the conversation there. He steps into the kitchen through the arch, eyes catching on the stupid, ceramic plate he made when he was about six years old. The old hag still hasn't thrown it out despite his constant complaints. At the very least she could put it in a box, never to see the light of day again.

Sighing through his nose, Bakugo gets to work, helping his mother with the final dinner preparations while she finishes the chicken. Other than sizzling grease and clammer of plates against one another, the pair of lookalikes fall into total silence. Mother and son operate in tandem with each other while waiting for Masaru to get home from work so they can set the table and eat. Though, while the space around them is silent, roaring thoughts fill both of their heads as they work, not having a distraction to keep their minds at peace. The younger struggles with not having words to say out loud, while the older is not sure how to say what's on her mind.

Mitsuki clears her throat, taking the last chicken thigh off the skillet and the sounds of grease disappear along with the heat. She turns to face her son's back who doesn't even flinch at the sensation of her heavy gaze weighing on him and him alone. She opens her mouth to speak, lightly chapped lips parting before closing again as she thinks over her words again. Neither of them are good at communicating with each other, it almost always ends in a shouting match but that's not what Mitsuki wants right now.